4 pounds gain in a day?!

Options
I was just wondering how much your weight fluctuates from the morning to night time of the same day.
I've found I'm usually 4 pounds heavier at night but when I weigh myself the next morning, I'm right back down again.

This seems like a lot though so I was wondering what everyone else's is?
Also why is there such a big difference?

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuations are completely normal and you will weigh more at night because you have food, water, poop etc. in your system.
  • aoapyro1134
    aoapyro1134 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is why they tell you to only weight yourself once a week, and at the same time. Like always in the morning, or always in the evening, etc. There can be a lot of fluctuations throughout the day.
  • bradsterb
    Options
    The best time and frequency to weigh yourself is once a week on the same day at the same time after going to the toilet and before a shower. Also naked if you can.

I prefer Friday morning because I like to have a couple of beers on Fridays and Saturdays. I eat very healthily Sunday to Friday so it gives my body some time to get rid of all the beer weight throughout the week. If I weighed myself on Monday morning it wouldn't be accurate because all that beer would still be in my system and I would be weighing myself plus the beer.