24, looking to loose 100+ Looking for similar

Options
Hello all! I'm Shelby, 24 from Buffalo, NY Area.
I love music, movies, traveling, family, my job and much more.
Looking to lose 100+ lbs with diet changes and exercise.
Have lost 17 so far alone but could use some motivation.
Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• dreah779
    Options
    Hey! I'm on a similar path and could definitely use some support and motivation. I'm 27 with nearly 137 pounds to lose... If I forget to add you, please add me :-)
  • Seraphina_Rowan
    Seraphina_Rowan Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im Rowan,19. Im also the same, I have over 130+ pounds to lose, I've lost 13 so far.
    Anyone is free to add me
  • shelbyentendu
    shelbyentendu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Added both of you :) more welcome!

What are you guys doing to lose your weight?
  • Seraphina_Rowan
    Seraphina_Rowan Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Right now, im trying to get my eating right. Eating less then I used to. Switching whites to browns. Getting more good food in instead of crap.

For exercise, I havent gone full on out yet, but im starting and that is the main point!
    Ive done step ups, walking, shoveling down, crunches etc. Do things that you think you can do and even if you think you cant, it doesnt hurt to try to do it!

What I came to realize was that, lets take my step ups i did today. I couldnt do a huge amount at one time. When i got to tired, I'd take a few minutes break and get back to it. Its okay to do that because even though you are stopping, you are trying again.
  • shelbyentendu
    Options
    That's a fantastic outlook to have!

Im currently down 16.5 lbs from my first weigh in.

What I'm doing food wise: eating healthier, no fast food, trying extremely hard to cut out soda and get away from eating 3 times a day instead of 6!

exercise wise: I'm going to the gym at least 3 times a week, but shooting for 4. I love the elliptical but have also been doing strength exercises and some light yoga.

Good luck new friends!
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    TeenTwinkleToes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey Shelby. Reading through the posts. Remember eating 6 times a day is actually healthier than eating 3 times. Your body needs fuel, fuel helps your metabolize, which helps you burn away more fat (calories). Instead try eating:

Breakfast, a good "big" healthy breakfast is a great way to not only start the day but also get your metabolize kicked into gear.

Having a small snack 2-3 times a day will not only keep you going but also keep you from having bigger portions throughout the day. Some fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc are great snacks.

Lunch, this should be another "big" meal. Not as big as breakfast but very portioned out. Always make sure to have some form of greens in your meals.

Lastly, dinner. Dinner is going to be a smaller amount since your coming to the end of the day. A great way to make sure you don't over eat is to get a smaller plate. Studies show that the bigger the plate, the more likely you are at filling it up.

>.> Sorry for the rant! Great job ladies and keep it up!!
  • beckm2022
    beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 30s and need to loose 100 pounds to get to what I weighed in college. Feel free to add me. I've been using MFP, and trying to exercise a little each day, and get 2 good workouts on the weekend.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 31, and need to lose about 100lb. Lost 25 on ww, but been up and down the same 10lbs or so for ages and needed to shake things up a bit, so coming on here to try something different. Feel free to add me :-)
  • girlcalledryan
    girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Any one can feel free to add me, I am 27, and on the end of my journey. Lost over 100+, only about 10 to goal.
  • JadeBatmanMarie
    JadeBatmanMarie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 almost 22 and have 70-100Ins to lose. I'm down 10 Ibs so far... Feeling like i've a long way to go!
    Feel free to add :)
  • teresaglz21
    teresaglz21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies :) I'm 24 and ready to lose about half my weight lol lost 10 so far and would love to make new friends:happy:
  • Kalf2014
    Kalf2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies.....I have been on here about a week, need to lose 50 pounds......HELP! I gained 4 pounds this week but after tracking my food on MFP I see I have been eating too much. I have been in the gym either on the treadmill or elliptical 5 days this week for 30 min a day , speed 3.5 and did some strength training 3 days. My diet, yogurt or fruit and nuts for breakfast , protein shake for lunch, 2 snacks either apple or orange or Kellogg's chips, dinner is a salad and soup or fish or chicken........any tips, motivation would be nice. I am thinking about going to see a nutritionist .......and/or joining WW, something.......please add me....
  • anniekin_skywalker
    anniekin_skywalker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh, hello. Not sure I follow on the whole "add me" thing (on here?) but hi nonetheless :)
  • jessicamae0731
    Options
    Any one can feel free to add me, I am 27, and on the end of my journey. Lost over 100+, only about 10 to goal.

That's amazing. Congratulations on your success so far! I can't imagine what kind of hard work and motivation that took.
  • CiaLater86
    Options
    Hey, Im 28, Ive lost 28lbs in total so far, and looking to lose 90 more, Ive done this before, bout a decade ago, so I assume itll be harder now, Im new too MFP aswell. Feel Free Too add me.

Helpful tip: Dehydration can sometimes mask itself as hunger, so if you feel the munchies coming on grab a bottle of water (I carry mine around like a second head)..
  • wonderwoman325
    Options
    Hey :) I'm just a hop, skip and jump over the border into Canada and have a similar goal. I will add you :)
  • I have heard this before, thank you for the reminder, all my weight has ballooned on since my husbands work hours changed, now he works until 9pm and we're eating dinner at 10pm every night.
    Often times I don't eat or snack on sugary junk foods and copious amounts of coffee through the day so I can keep up with my 3 little ones.
    I don't think it's a coincidence that this is the worst shape I've been in.
    (I'm doing this wrong that was supposed to be a reply to teentwinkles advice but i guess I missed...oops)
  • philotherianism
    philotherianism Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a 20 year old Canadian girl (Montreal born and raised) and looking to lose about 100 pounds! I started out about two years ago weighing 310 lbs and lost about 80 lbs... gained a bit back and now I'm starting over again at 260. Whew! Anyone can add me, I promise I'm very friendly and non-judgemental.
  • Kalf2014
    Kalf2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the water tip....
  • shelbyentendu
    Options
    Hey Shelby. Reading through the posts. Remember eating 6 times a day is actually healthier than eating 3 times. Your body needs fuel, fuel helps your metabolize, which helps you burn away more fat (calories). Instead try eating:

Breakfast, a good "big" healthy breakfast is a great way to not only start the day but also get your metabolize kicked into gear.

Having a small snack 2-3 times a day will not only keep you going but also keep you from having bigger portions throughout the day. Some fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc are great snacks.

Lunch, this should be another "big" meal. Not as big as breakfast but very portioned out. Always make sure to have some form of greens in your meals.

Lastly, dinner. Dinner is going to be a smaller amount since your coming to the end of the day. A great way to make sure you don't over eat is to get a smaller plate. Studies show that the bigger the plate, the more likely you are at filling it up.

>.> Sorry for the rant! Great job ladies and keep it up!!

I am still stuck on the 3 times right now, but tried something new this week. I planned out my entire week of meals/snacks/drinks/water and am going to try and stick to it. Should help :) Thanks for the great tips -- err I mean rant lol :):)