Holidays already getting to me.

Options
I been so busy with the holidays coming I havent been able to exercise like normal....its driving me nuts....and Ive already had a few moments of weakness....but at least for now Im maintaining....I have to get back to losing. but it may be next week before im able to. anyone else already feeling this way?

Replies

• ssanchez2010
    Options
    I defiantly understand that. I got the swiss colony catalog the other day and I caved I bought chocolate covered pretzel's and sugar free ones for my aunt(she's diabetic). I went to the store to pick up some lotion and ended up adding summer sausage, cheese and Ritz to my receipt. Its coming up to thanksgiving and I love the rolls love them.
  • annaruiz
    annaruiz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    my husband had his thanksgiving party today and i wanted all the bad food too :-/ i havent been exercising either, but ive been trying to limit myself. for example today i ate mashed potatoes at the party but didnt get gravy, and ate turkey instead of the ham and skipped dessert. i think its all about "eat this and not that"
  • Mastiffmomma
    Options
    When there is little time left in the day, I try to incorporate some exercise at the same time as doing other things. For example, I did a few in-place lunges while brushing my teeth. I did squats at the kitchen sink while washing a few pots and pans. Sounds (and feels) silly but a little bit sometimes goes a long way. You are not the only one suffering through the holidays. Keep your eye on the prize!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    When there is little time left in the day, I try to incorporate some exercise at the same time as doing other things. For example, I did a few in-place lunges while brushing my teeth. I did squats at the kitchen sink while washing a few pots and pans. Sounds (and feels) silly but a little bit sometimes goes a long way. You are not the only one suffering through the holidays. Keep your eye on the prize!

Before I hurt my knee, I used to do squats while drying my hair.:tongue:
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i seriously don't like the holidays, but not because of my own weaknesses. i don't like them because they're kind of annoying and a constant focus on consumerism. i always know it's the holidays because i can't escape them. hahhah!

there's a house one block over that is > already < fully decorated with christmas garb, and it's at least 6 weeks away. do we really need this much "cheer"?

it's fine for a couple weeks, you know? i can totally dig that, but even as early as halloween there were christmas decorations for sale. i think it's a bit over-the-top, myself. kind of embarrassing, really.
  • lkwilkey
    Options
    thanks you all it really helps alot to know Im not in this boat alone.....well as I been in the kithen cooking I was dancing I guess that ought to help me right...lol I think probably every once in a while I have to be a little naugthy cause if I dont Ill be alot naughty if you know what I mean. it just breaks the motion of it all. I love losing weight though and I will get back to the task at hand....
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    you know, i find that the exercise itself helps me cope with most of these things. i know it gets so busy around the holidays, but keeping up with the exercise (not as a chore, but as a release) is really helpful - at least for me. it lets me have my "alone" time.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Not really the holidays for me, just time in general, I have been at this since April 2nd and find myself not as 1000% commited as before and it scares me a little as I am just 5lbs from my goal of 165lbs...I have NEVER been able to maintain any weight loss of the past and just pray I am not starting down the road of failure....I need to refocus a little because I don't want to loose all that I have accomplished by loosing the 58lbs I have lost so far....I don't think I need to be quite a strict as I was before but I need to make sure I don't loose control...
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I cater, so as you can imagine this time of year really pushes me to the hilt! I am exhausted from being on my feet all day and don't make/find time to exercise. I am in maintenance phase, but certainly don't want to gain during the holidays, as I my one year anniversary of starting this journey is January 4, 2011 and I want to hit that day still at my goal. It will be my first New Year's that one of my resolutions is not to lose weight, ha ha ha! That kind of is what I keep focusing on at this time, as it is harder and harder to keep invested what I started. So no, it is not just you. This time of year really ramps things up and it requires some imagination as others have highlighted in where and how you exercise, even if it is just a 2 minutes cycle of movement. Good luck to all of us on this journey during this food focused time of year!!!!!!!!!!