Pot Stickers

Options
pita7317
pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
Anyone make their own ? Chicken or Vegetable.
Do you have a pot sticker maker as in something you form and seal them in ?
Please share your recipe if you do.
Thanks.

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have not made chicken or vegetable. But I have made two different pork and shrimp recipes. You could substitute chicken for the pork. I think I liked this filling from the chew better. The links are to my blog reviews of the recipes.

http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/05/pork-and-shrimp-dumplings.html

And I liked this dipping sauce best. This food network recipe gives the directions for making pot stickers,

http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-new-year-and-search-for-blogger-spice.html
  • pita7317
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    My husband loves them so we've tried making them a number of times. They're very time consuming and difficult to get right. Lately, I've just been getting the Trader Joe's ones. They're pretty good and better than anything we've been able to make.
    If you do make them, don't use a form/mold. They don't work, just do it by hand. I have found that a tortilla press can work pretty well to flatten the dough. But really, just save yourself a few hours and get take out or Trader Joe's.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    A pot sticker maker? Yes, they're called "hands."
  • shoing
    shoing Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have a really good one will get the recipe for you. Lots of good veggies in it. Takes awhile to do them but are OH SO Good. It's my SIL from Korea recipe.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Yummy!! I love potstickers!! I always just get them frozen, though. :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    My husband loves them so we've tried making them a number of times. They're very time consuming and difficult to get right. Lately, I've just been getting the Trader Joe's ones. They're pretty good and better than anything we've been able to make.
    If you do make them, don't use a form/mold. They don't work, just do it by hand. I have found that a tortilla press can work pretty well to flatten the dough. But really, just save yourself a few hours and get take out or Trader Joe's.
    I can't see how you can spend hours making pot stickers. An hour maybe, 20 minutes if you use premade wonton wrappers.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I can't see how you can spend hours making pot stickers. An hour maybe, 20 minutes if you use premade wonton wrappers.
    [/quote]

Lol, you're right, I was including time to find recipe, getting ingredients from grocery store & Asian market. And we usually make a couple different kinds. It's a production :)
  • pita7317
    Options
    I usually buy frozen but thought homemade might be better.
    Hands....lol
    A friend of mine has a plastic deal to form them...thanks for the tip that they don't work.
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump