• iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nkp17
    nkp17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ya I understand how to do math.
    What I meant was, that the original poster said her pizza was something like 41 calories a slice (8 slices per pizza) making it about 330 calories per pizza. When I do the math (which i actually did earlier today when thinking maybe I would make a cauliflower crust pizza for dinner before realizing it is way higher in calories than one would think.) it shows me that making it at the lowest calorie/fat ingredients would make it over 400, closer to 425 without any toppings. No cheese on top, only inside the crust.

So what kind of mozzarella, parmesan, etc are being used to make it nearly 100 calories less?
  • HappyGladGal
    HappyGladGal Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow.. I love this!! I am a pizza lover and I am going to try to do this sometime.. Saved to my favorites.. Thanks for sharing.. :flowerforyou:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    What I meant was, that the original poster said her pizza was something like 41 calories a slice (8 slices per pizza) making it about 330 calories per pizza. When I do the math (which i actually did earlier today when thinking maybe I would make a cauliflower crust pizza for dinner before realizing it is way higher in calories than one would think.) it shows me that making it at the lowest calorie/fat ingredients would make it over 400, closer to 425 without any toppings. No cheese on top, only inside the crust.

So what kind of mozzarella, parmesan, etc are being used to make it nearly 100 calories less?

I wrote a few messages down that I forgot to mention the calorie content was just for the crust, because toppings are such variables! Sorry about the confusion, it was too late to edit by the time I logged back in!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I wrote a few messages down that I forgot to mention the calorie content was just for the crust, because toppings are such variables! Sorry about the confusion, it was too late to edit by the time I logged back in!

LOL whoops!
  • fujiko
    fujiko Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • debbyl
    debbyl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Tried it. This was very good. Thanks!
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    bump to note the recipe down later.....looks delicious!
  • Angelois
    Angelois Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump to note the recipe down later.....looks delicious!

Me too :laugh:
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post a topic on this, but I may as well ask here! :) Can you make this with frozen cauliflower? If it's defrosted and all that :)
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    yummo
  • Blonde11
    Blonde11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • becapender
    Options
    That looks soooo good! Do you think it would be good with vegan cheese?
  • truelove11
    truelove11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to try to make it tonight. For those asking why sub cauliflower and not have the "real thing".... for me it's because I am type 1 diabetic. I am sure there are others eating gluten free. It's not a matter of building the calories into the daily count for some.

:flowerforyou:
  • GrayMama
    GrayMama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Trying this recipe this week. I'm super stoked! Thanks for sharing.
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • snow00774
    Options
    Made this once before, it was pretty delicious but your looks much better than mine did!
  • jeskuhsmeekers
    jeskuhsmeekers Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AnnabellaMiniJarv
    AnnabellaMiniJarv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yum :)