High School Hell

Options
What was your worst experience in high school???

Replies

• Kurindal
    Kurindal Posts: 355
    Options
    In order to fit in in high school, I tried to join the football team.

During my two years with the squad, I endured endless verbal abuse, multiple physical assaults, at least three death threats, and one borderline sexual assault from my teammates. My locker was constantly messed with, including something benign-ish like 10 people blowing snot-rockets all over my lock, to kids sifting motor oil into my locker. The verbal abuse did not end when I quit the team, and maintained throughout my high school tenure, but most of the other stuff did stop.

I was a pretty socially awkward teenager, and that certainly didn't help anything. It's only within the last 1.5 years that I've really started coming out of my shell and gaining confidence.
  • apercanis
    Options
    Frequent lockdowns. Literally every few weeks the students and teachers would be condemned to sitting silently in the dark farthest away from the door/windows because some kid was out for blood.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    always had food thrown at me in the halls and names shouted at me , one time a girl shoved an entire plate of poutine on to me calling me names and such

being pushed down the stairs

being shoved up against the lockers
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    my friends and i sat as far away from the other kids as possible and they still found a way to come to where we were and call us lesbians. they would throw food at us, yell obscenities, call us *kitten* and queers.

jocks suck.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    going.

It was a bore! I grew up with most of the kids throughout K-12...I could not WAIT to leave my small town and go to college!!! Most of the women who stayed in that town got super FAT, look like they are 60 years old and had 7 kids. Glad I left!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I had too much fun during those years. I loved high school. Not the boring sitting through class part, but the socialization.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    my friends and i sat as far away from the other kids as possible and they still found a way to come to where we were and call us lesbians. they would throw food at us, yell obscenities, call us *kitten* and queers.

jocks suck.

Former jock here :embarassed:

I was lucky enough to go to a school that had both high academic standards and expected us all to be athletic, so we were all nerdy jocks or jocky nerds. There really was no bullying that I ever noticed (I also went to an all girls school)

My worst moment was when the swim coach embarasssed me in front of the entire swim team and suggested that I quit the team because my boobs were getting to be too big and too distracting . I was mortified and quit :cry:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Having to switch between 3 different schools because my mom chose a man over her child.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I'm an introvert, so high school was essentially a four-year-long anxiety attack.
  • MissDLynnR
    MissDLynnR Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Getting married, then him running away after I got pregnant.....
  • MsMacL
    MsMacL Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Didn't have any. Wasn't bullied, thankfully.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Everyone thought I was a lesbian because I didn't date in high school.

Oh well.
  • dxc92
    dxc92 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It was good for me :) couldnt wait to leave though, now i wish i could go back!
  • dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    High school??? Hell, I gave up after middle school. I got into a verbal fight with a skinny brat. She called me fat, I called her gross.. a few other words were exchanged, but she went crying to the principal who told me that if I wanted to be fat i'd just have to live with people calling me that. *kitten*. I should have hit them both. After being threatened with being sent to the cops for harassment (funny since I wasn't the one who started it) my mom home schooled me. I graduated 2 years early and began working a full time job at 16. I'd say it all worked itself out.
  • mostafaaaaaaa
    mostafaaaaaaa Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    A huge fight with an older guy so i cut his face with a swiss knife he was seriously injured i knocked out from school for a month i was going to be arrested but as he was the one who started the fight the principle and my father and his father agreed that was self defense so they didn't report the cops the swiss knife was belong to him and i still remember his face bleeding a lot of blood he made a plastic surgery to fix his face he was ok and he was the one who started the fight but i hate my self then and till now i regret for doing such stupid *kitten* thing like that 10 years and i still remember like it happens now.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    High school was all around horrible, always got made fun of.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Being informed that I was the class' unofficial choice for that year's most unattractive individual. Fast forward a few years and I was offered a position to compete for Miss Washington USA and started modeling part-time. I think I did alright for such a hideous young lady:)
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Lost all my friends, was bullied and physically assaulted and had eating issues because of it
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    In my senior year, the cops raided cars in the parking lot. They pulled 22 people out for possession and handcuffed them together in full view of everyone. Three of them were teachers. It was like holding my breath for the rest of the year. I couldn't wait to get out of there.