What's your poison?

Options
Holiday fat season is here and as we all make and break promises to ourselves about what we will or won't eat. I had one question: what's your weakness? What's the one thing you can't go without even though you know you should at holiday time?

For me it's Apple Pie. I love the stuff! Can't get enough of it. Would eat apple pie and nothing else for thanksgiving dinner if given the opportunity. Fresh apples not really my favorite but Apple Pie! I could go on for days about my love for apple pie.

Replies

• kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    what about apple pie made with fresh apples?
  • themostbeautifullies
    Options
    I'd be something called Rabanada, it's a kind of toast thats goes with milk/wine, sugar and cinnamon.
    I think I'll manage to go without it this year but you never know... the thing is freaking good.
  • jodiebs
    Options
    Pumpkin pie from Costco! I make a mean apple crumble pie for the family, but it's nothing to Costco's pumpkin pie! No, there won't be any at my table this year because I would eat it if it was. <sniff, sniff>
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Collards!!!!

Usually I have a small bit of turkey breast, potato salad and a load of collards. And Southern collard greens pretty much have no nutrient value left in them, lol, but are as tasty as they can be!! I've given up all the other tasty sides (pumpkin pie, candied yams, stuffing, gravy, mac and cheese, sweet tea and even cake).

We've had a few events the past few months where we've catered a feast similar to Thanksgiving and I've learned how to remain satified without over-eating. For me, it was primarily psychological and instances where "my eyes were bigger than my stomach". I fix snack-sized portions and drink lots of water, so even after having 2nds or 3rds, I've eaten less than I would have if I'd fixed a full plate in the beginning.
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    what about apple pie made with fresh apples?

LOL....then yes!
  • kstone1976
    Options
    Mine is all of it. I love the whole dinner and usually eat 2 full plates. This year I am going at it diffrently I am only eatting one plate and only a little bit of each thing... I have worked very hard to lose the weight I have there is no way I am going to mess it up. I know me and if I slide a little then I will slide more in the future... ;)
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie from Costco! I make a mean apple crumble pie for the family, but it's nothing to Costco's pumpkin pie! No, there won't be any at my table this year because I would eat it if it was. <sniff, sniff>

Mmmmm.....apple crumble pie. My mouth just watered for it.
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    green bean casserole and sweet potato pie....(for Thanksgiving)

I LOVE apple pie too, my fave has cheddar cheese crumb topping :bigsmile:
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Stuffing. Bread rolls. Carbs are my downfall! Also, pumpkin pie gets me every time.
  • sarahtiano
    sarahtiano Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Try mixing together cinnamon, sliced baked apples, granola, and oatmeal. Add a little margarine and water (and sugar if you must- but only a little!) and bake. It's like apple pie but a ton healthier. Good taste a texture to it too!
  • moniquejanaeh
    moniquejanaeh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    peach cobbler....mac n cheese...mmmmmm
  • numberscolors
    Options
    potato latkes.... with apple sauce and sour cream......... drooooooooool..... my mom's recipe comes from a recipe book that her synagogue put out 50 years ago.
    where my jews at?!?! anybody? anybody? no?
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    potato latkes.... with apple sauce and sour cream......... drooooooooool..... my mom's recipe comes from a recipe book that her synagogue put out 50 years ago.

YES! omg potato latkes are sooo good. And my grandma's apple noodle kugel!
    Although I've got to admit my poison is probably actually chocolate.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    magic bars/ 7 layer bars, yummmy. Makes me drool just thinking about them.
    The thing is I am the one that makes them, I wouldn't, but I have severl requests this year. SUGAR
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My mom's sausage stuffing or her mini nut cups (they are like little pecan pies).
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for a big baked ham, and deviled eggs!! I think I could probably go easy on ham, but deviled eggs better watch out...I'm coming for ya!!
  • Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try making an apple crisp - similar taste, but made with a lot less calories.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Cake, there seems to be a lot of regular grocery store type vanilla super frosted birthday cake at work, for b-day's, retirement, appreciation week and I can't resist the stuff. Sooo good!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

YES! omg potato latkes are sooo good. And my grandma's apple noodle kugel!
    Although I've got to admit my poison is probably actually chocolate.

Don't forget Sufganiyot!! Fresh, hot, homemade, jelly filled doughnuts! Made them at home for the first time last year....O.M.G.
  • fowlmeli1093
    Options
    Indian Frybread!!! Flour soaked in oil! But its soooooooooooo delish~