was your first weigh in what you expected?

Options
I'm coming up on my weigh in soon (Monday) and I'm really, really hoping there is a decrease in weight. I've been working out and following my caloric goals but feel that if I don't see a shift in the scale, I'll become demotivated. How was your first weigh in? Did you lose, gain, or stay the same? It's only a couple days away!

Replies

• kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    my first was a loss....it was about 4lbs in a week...but that soon slowed right down!

good luck with your weigh in, i hope it's positive!
  • ChanelCharlie
    Options
    I also lost 4 lbs the first week...but the weeks after that were much harder!!!
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    My first weigh in I was down 5 lbs - didn't stay that high after that first week. I'm sure that was water weight coming off, but it was still nice to see.
  • lashleyrivera
    Options
    I actually gained 2 lbs, i lost the 2 lbs the second weigh in, but gained one back, and then lost the two, so i am a yoyo
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I lost three pounds. I was very surprised! But I stayed the same between my first and second weigh ins. I'm somewhat of a newbie, and only going into my third this weekend.
  • lupuslady
    Options
    I lost a couple of lbs, but I bounce up and down all the time.
  • jenna_watsonator
    jenna_watsonator Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Guess i wont be disappointed if theres no decrease! Haha
  • lefrance12
    Options
    I lost 2 and then gained 3. I think it is different for everyone because we have different metabolic rates. The first week is what i call the body adjustment week. Your body might gain or lose, or just nothing because it is trying to adapt. Honestly, I think it takes about a 2-3 weeks before your body really adapts and you get true results.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Personally I only weighed once a month, sometimes twice while I was losing weight . That gives your body time to adjust, fluctuate, and hopefully settle at a lower weight. I didn't start weighing every week until I got to within about 10-15 pounds of my Goal Weight.
    :drinker: Good Luck with your weigh in.
  • lovelypink13
    Options
    I haven't drastically changed my way of eating but i have gone little by little. I expected to be two pounds heavier but to my surprise, I weighed half a pound less. I know it's not much but makes me happy. I have to stay away from those nightly cravings lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I didn't find out about MFP site until about 5 months into my weight loss journey, but I lost around 3 lbs at my first weigh-in with MFP.