How much do you lift? Males 130-160lbs

Options
I have been working out on and off for a few years now. I tend to keep good records of my lift stats, but I don't know where I stand compared to others since I go to a small community gym and don't have anyone to compare myself to. So, how much are you lifting??

Here are my numbers: Male, 31 yo, 145lbs

(all of these are "Calculated 1RM" from last week. I did max out my Deadlift a few weeks ago and found the calculated 1RM to be accurate):

Smith Machine Squat 287 (note - my gym does not have a power rack or squat rack... :(
Deadlift 307.5
Bench Press 166.66
Tricep Pushdown 164
One Arm Dumbbell Row 82
EZ Bar Curl 80.16
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 54.66
Leg Extension 213

Replies

• trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Those seem pretty good for 145lbs. Bench and shoulder press could be higher, but the others are probably are on the high side for your size and experience. Better than my numbers were at 145lbs.
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Yeah, bench is what I'm most disappointed in. I plan to start adding a second day of chest next week actually. Maybe I'll throw in shoulders as well.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I have been working out on and off for a few years now. I tend to keep good records of my lift stats, but I don't know where I stand compared to others since I go to a small community gym and don't have anyone to compare myself to. So, how much are you lifting??

Here are my numbers: Male, 31 yo, 145lbs

(all of these are "Calculated 1RM" from last week. I did max out my Deadlift a few weeks ago and found the calculated 1RM to be accurate):

Smith Machine Squat
    Deadlift
    Bench Press
    Tricep Pushdown
    One Arm Dumbbell Row
    EZ Bar Curl
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press
    Leg Extension

I replaced your above weights with ratios in comparison to your body weight.

Judging off of my own numbers (though I am outside of your preferred weight range, at 182lbs - and I've been quite consistent three years on now), you stack up pretty well.

As far as chest goes, I tend to hit it twice a week - I'll do one day (usually Tuesday) where I work at less than maximal workload, and I'll usually go all out on Saturdays. I'm big on alternating between dumbbells and barbells for bench press - usually I'll stick with one until progress stalls, then switch it up for the shock effect.

Just make sure when doing chest to get back as often, that way proportions can stay similar!
  • JRKWebb
    JRKWebb Posts: 27
    Options
    Male 142 lbs. Squat 320 lbs, bench 210 lbs, deadlift 320 lbs x 3.
  • terizius
    Options
    New PR for me tonight, 330 lb Deadlift :)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    http://www.strstd.com/

Very handy for gauging where you're at for your bodyweight. And oftentimes humbling :(
  • terizius
    Options
    DopeItUp - great resource! Would be interesting to see how formulas are calculated. It places me just above Intermediate for most everything. Now to shoot for Advanced!