Supersize V Superskinny

Options
Does anyone else watch this? I am quite literally entrenched in this show. My favorite season would have to be the sixth. Yes, I know, there are tons of cliche and popular opinion health bites in there that are not 100% accurate, but overall it's really good , I think! It amazes me how extreme some are and how limited others are as well! Man I just love this show!

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I used to watch this.....its sad to see some of the extremes people have, both skinny and big.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    My fav was " You Are What You Eat"
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I do love that show too! I also really like Secret Eaters.
  • classicbizz
    Options
    I watched last night's on 4oD. I couldn't believe that the 52 st woman from the States actually LIKED being that way. That is so sad :-(
  • classicbizz
    Options
    Secret Eaters is fab. It made me religious about logging on MFP
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Take a shot every time they make a subtle insult at the United States.
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options

QFT....lol
  • uconnwinsnc
    Options

QFT....lol

"1/4th of the UK is overweight or obese. If we stay on this path, we will soon be as ****ing massive as those fat and ugly Americans. In today's episode we visit this small town in the United States where 500% of the population is fat..."
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Love that show!!! Didn't know it was still around. We don't have it in the states, so I'd catch it by other means online. I'll have to look for more episodes!
  • uconnwinsnc
    Options
    Love that show!!! Didn't know it was still around. We don't have it in the states, so I'd catch it by other means online. I'll have to look for more episodes!

Almost every episode is on youtube for free.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else watch this? I am quite literally entrenched in this show. My favorite season would have to be the sixth. Yes, I know, there are tons of cliche and popular opinion health bites in there that are not 100% accurate, but overall it's really good , I think! It amazes me how extreme some are and how limited others are as well! Man I just love this show!

I used to watch this show all the time - loved it - didn't realize it was still on though :)
  • kazzsjourney2goal
    kazzsjourney2goal Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Love it too....I'm in Aussie so I watch it on you tube too
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to it (just finished watching two episodes) I'm on season four right now.

Rigger
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options

interested....do you watch it cuz you like it or cuz it is anti -American (my impression from what you said earlier) and it feeds an itch you have for being cross at anything that might be pointing an admonatory finger at the influence the USA has on the rest of the world. Have to admit... if it is the latter... I empathise... cant stand generilsation myself!!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options

interested....do you watch it cuz you like it or cuz it is anti -American (my impression from what you said earlier) and it feeds an itch you have for being cross at anything that might be pointing an admonatory finger at the influence the USA has on the rest of the world. Have to admit... if it is the latter... I empathise... cant stand generilsation myself!!

I watched it simply because I like it. I'm not 100% certain how influential the US is on the rest of the world. I certainly wouldn't watch it if it was "anti-American"... considering I am American
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options

OMG! I would not have guessed that he was going to change that much. He did a good job. I hope he can keep it up though. I found it disturbing that someone sent him donuts with shards of metal in them. I thought he was a nice guy but the women he was paired with came across as a kind of a Bi@tch.

ETA: My laptop suck's...typing is almost impossible.
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Love this show. My fav part is when they put all the food they ate in a week in the big tubes and the look of horror on their faces when they see the other persons, hehe
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Started watching it on youtube.

:smile:
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    My fav was " You Are What You Eat"

Love that show! Been years since I have watched.

I also watch The Fat doctor and embarrassing bodies. Britain has some pretty entertaining shows I must admit. Love them!