P90X - Worth the hype?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Does anybody know whether it's available in the UK?

It is available on Amazon marketplace but make sure you get the full packet. They sell one just the dvd's and another including the guides!
  • genesischristian
    Options
    Kaycee - If you just picked up 30 Day Shred I would recommend that you do that for a couple of weeks. It's honestly a good precursor to P90X. It has you do full body work, plank work, and weights. All the type of things that you will need to do in P90X. You could do levels one, then one and two together, move on the level three, then try levels two and three together. Two levels would give you a forty minute workout.

What she said! I did the 30DS and it's a smaller commitment time wise but if you can do that then yes, P90X is for you. Besides the DVD's for P90X you need some weights or bands, a pull up bar, yoga mat and yoga blocks (get these for sure).

I will definitely do that! Thank you :)
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Go watch the old lady on Survivor this season. She is aP90x grad and is kicking the young males butts!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Go watch the old lady on Survivor this season. She is aP90x grad and is kicking the young males butts!

Jane.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90X. Check out my pics and you will see that it is worth it.
  • Jayms
    Jayms Posts: 17
    Options
    I am at the end of my 8th week of P90X. I love it. I have tried several exercise routines before, P90X is my favorite. Tony Horton is very encouraging and funny. Some of the exercises are intense but in a good way. I have never felt results like this in my abs or any where. I am planning to do Insanity after P90X to help burn the fat. (I was trying to get stronger before I just jumped into Insanity) But I love P90X so much I am going back to it after Insanity to help maintain.
  • MomisgettingFIT
    Options
    Bring it !!! Check out my pics
    Going for 2nd round next week .
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    when eople say it's very time consuming what do you mean? Are they long workouts or do you have to do it everyday? I'm REALLY interested in it, but if I'm going to spend that kind of money I want to be sure that it's going to be something I'll actually use. Thanks
  • edorice
    Options
    There are 12 DVD's and 11 of them are under an hour long. The yoga DVD is 90 minutes long. People that say it is time consuming seem to not be used to driving a half hour to the gym and working our for an hour. In any giving morning I can get up, workout, wake my kids, eat, get showered, and be out the door for work within two hours. It's a six day a week workout as well. Each day is something different. It's a 90 day program, but this is a lifestyle change.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything edoric said.... you also are suppose to do the ARX with the strength training dvds and it is an extra 16mins so some days the workouts take 1hr15mins but it is a GREAT program and i use to spend alot more time driving to the gym and working out then i do now and i never saw the results im seeing with p90x!!! Oh ARX is the AB workout dvd!!!
  • racmac
    racmac Posts: 81
    Options

You can get from beachbody direct - they do sell to UK but it is expensive especially with postage.

I have seen it on ebay but be careful who you are buying from.

I am doing Chalean Extreme which i ordered from Latest Greatest who are uk based - they also sell insanity. Very quick delivery.

I chose Chalean because i dont have anywhere to do chin ups which feature heavily in P90X
  • racmac
    racmac Posts: 81
    Options

You can get from beachbody direct - they do sell to UK but it is expensive especially with postage.

I have seen it on ebay but be careful who you are buying from.

I am doing Chalean Extreme which i ordered from Latest Greatest who are uk based - they also sell insanity. Very quick delivery.

I chose Chalean because i dont have anywhere to do chin ups which feature heavily in P90X

And they sell P90x as well - here http://www.latestgreatest.co.uk/p90x-extreme-home-fitness-complete-system-56-p.asp

HTH
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options

You can use the resistance bands, that's what I do. I didn't get the pull up bar yet. I plan on getting one, just haven't yet.
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hey P90X guys, I'm really impressed with all your progress with this and I did try the chest/back routine once and it was killer, but I feel like just pushups isn't really enough to put mass on the pecs. I notice from allot of before/after pics of guys who go through this that they get decent size & definition from their arms and their abs, even their backs and the pecs may get definition but don't really appear to grow. I know it's a home workout routine but that kind of bugs me, I feel like I'd need to supplement with some bench presses just to ensure that my chest fills out. Has this ever concerned any of you or do you feel that it's given you the results that you want when it comes to filling out the pecs?
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hey P90X guys, I'm really impressed with all your progress with this and I did try the chest/back routine once and it was killer, but I feel like just pushups isn't really enough to put mass on the pecs. I notice from allot of before/after pics of guys who go through this that they get decent size & definition from their arms and their abs, even their backs and the pecs may get definition but don't really appear to grow. I know it's a home workout routine but that kind of bugs me, I feel like I'd need to supplement with some bench presses just to ensure that my chest fills out. Has this ever concerned any of you or do you feel that it's given you the results that you want when it comes to filling out the pecs?
    I may be able to do a lot of pushups but my pecs are not big at all. Im going to have to supplement a heavy weight regimin to do it. P90X is not going to do it for ya. Sucks.
  • edorice
    Options

I know this question was directed to the men on the program, but I can give some insight as well. The chest routine hits so many areas of the chest that it makes a solid workout. My husband is a big guy and his chest has filled out and raised up. His stomach has flattened and he can now see his obliques. Any man would be thrilled with those results. However, there are some that are on the program that are starting to do the chest days with weighted vests. There are standard weighted vests at Target or Big 5 Sporting Goods. There are heavier 60 pound weighted vests online at Ebay.

Also, don't discount the strength that you get from the home program. My husband and I still have our gym membership. Last weekend we did an extra chest and back workout at the gym. My husband was able to lift the entire stack for chest flies and repped it out. I was able to lift 200 lbs. for chest flies and did 10 reps. So, it may not seem like much while you're doing the program at home but I guarantee you that you'll get great results. Hope that helps a bit.
  • trinityj1
    trinityj1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Any of those who have done P90X; are supplements truly necessary?
  • edorice
    Options
    The supplements are not necessary. Some of us have invested in pre-workout mixes such as Jack3d or Fuzion K-akg, but it's not necessary.