Calories burned in Focus T25 women?

Options

Replies

• marycwinters
    Options
    I just tracked my calories burned, and it was 260 for Alpha cardio, modifying about 15% of the time on the tougher jumping lunges and jumping squats. I am 5"4 and around 160 if this is helpful to anyone. Also if you Google "calories burned using heart rate" there's a website which calculates your calories burned based on your age, height, heart rate per min, etc. The first time I tried this website I paused cardio halfway through for 30 seconds to check my pulse, then checked again at the end to make sure there were not huge fluctuations, and it was the same each time. While this may not be 100% as accurate as a heart rate monitor, it's been a very useful tool for me. I feel good about doing a workout then calculating my calories burned this way rather than just logging "aerobics- high impact" which gave me a much lower calories burned number. It motivates me to push myself harder and see how many calories I burn each workout.
  • kalel1100
    Options
    What we all have to remember here is that your individual calorie burn is going to be different than advertised because it is based on your personal age, weight, (make sure you update your weight as you lose it), and gender. I am a man and I am also doing Focus T-25 and have lost about 14lbs so far. Some work outs like Dynamic Core I burn considerably less than let’s say Core cardio. Dynamic Core I usually burn around 120 to 200 (just doesn't get my HR up that much), and Core Cardio is usually between 365 and 378. As long as you are doing the work out and tracking your caloric intake you should continue to see results. Just keep a positive attitude and remember that as you get better at the workouts and hang in longer you will burn more.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    But the feeling I get is the same as I was getting with an hour of Insanity, given that I don't even finish the workouts straight without taking longer breaks lol and I burned around 300 then

Aside from being a shorter workout, how does T25 compare to Insanity?
  • romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Think about it, jump rope is a full on straight cardio workout. If you can jump rope for 10-15 minutes with little breaks, it is possible to burn 200 cals. T25 is sort of the same, as in the exercises go on with no breaks or stops, and are high intensity. If you are doing the dvds unmodified, then it is completely possible to burn 400-500 cals in the 25 minutes. Everybody's body works differently of course, but the possibilty is out there. With each dvd in the alpha phase, I consistently burned anywhere from 380-500 cals, so I am a firm believer in the program. I haven't gotten to the beta dvds yet, but I am anticipating the same or better results!! Good luck..
  • tillarytice
    Options
    I burned 678 doing the alpha cardio. But im busting my *kitten* to the point im dripping sweat.
  • jenpesci
    Options
    When I break down the exercises between activities like jumping jacks, kickboxing and running, I hit around 160.
  • xbellezx
    xbellezx Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, 203lbs, 27 years old and and unfit. I burn between 250 and 290 so think 140 may not too far off what you would burn.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6" 162lbs and 48, I'm getting up to 450 cals on a good day doing T25. They are a really good burn!! Less for the abs workout but still over 250.
  • frog131908
    frog131908 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I burn a little over 250 but it is definitely still burning after the workout. And the definition it gives your body after doing it. My kids even noticed after 2 weeks so it works.
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I burned 150 doing Lower Focus & 250 doing cardio this weekend. I mostly do the modified moves - sometimes I need to (anything involving upper body strength... I have none) & for any of the jumpy stuff, I feel bad for the tenant below me so I keep it lower impact.
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Starting a T25 challenge on Sunday...waiting patiently for it to show up tomorrow :-) so excited. I have an HRM that I will be wearing just to see what it says .:flowerforyou:
  • emcingo
    Options
    I started T25 and my HRM said 316 for 27 mins...I am 129 lbs and 5' 7" this was for the first disk (cardio)... hope this helps
  • catemags
    Options
    Insanity and T25 are not the same. You do more work per 30 minutes in T25 than in Insanity. Therefore, T25 wouldn't burn 140 calories just because Insanity burns 300, it wouldn't be accurate to just cut the amount in half.
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    I personally am in the market for a hrm cuz i am really curious to see how many calories i burn, but i know a few people who are killing the workouts and they normally burn from 220-300!!! Its always a little different and obviously is different how much weight u have to lose and how hard u push yourself but you get an amazing burn for the short workout! And if i must say its hard not to get drenched in sweat durring these workouts...expecially in beta! That always makes me feel like im doing something right:-)
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm in Beta now and I've been burning somewhere around 230-250 for Rip't Circuit, Upper Focus and Dynamic Core, and 300+ for Cardio and Speed 2.0. Speed is definitely the highest burn, usually close to 350.
  • mzchocolatekandi6
    mzchocolatekandi6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just did the cardio in alpha and I burned 300 calories. I'm 5'5 206.5lbs. Everyone varies so I would say try another hrm and see if it makes a difference.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Using a Polar FT7
    I'm 5'7 and 175 and have a bum leg so had to do lots of modifying.

I measured every time. I averged these and rounded. Sorry I don't have my Gamma numbers.

Alpha:
    Cardio - 250
    Speed 1.0 - 250
    Totlal Body - 280
    Ab Interval 180
    Lower focus 190

Beta
    Core Cardio - 275
    Speed 2.0 - 250
    Rip't Circuit - 230
    Dynamic Core - 220
    Upper focus - 230

So yeah the elliptical reading I'm seeing are just flat out WRONG.
  • becky_n29
    Options
    I am 5'1 and 140lbs. I did the T25 Alpha cardio workout and according to my HRM I burned 368 calories. I hope this helps!
  • AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I did lower focus alpha on Friday and I burned 318 but I also did a bit of modified not all though. I'm 5'4 164.5
  • Taddilicious
    Options
    I did the gamma rip it circuit. plus the 3 minute cool down. total calorie burn for the 29 minutes was 225. i was at 200 calories at the end of the 25 minutes.