Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

excersice counter, its got to be off, yeah?

Finished up my sunday cleaning, 4 hours non stop, scrubbing the bathrooms, running around picking up toys and changing bedding, I was sweating the whole time, vigorous cleaning, sure. but it says ive burned 1,387 calories. that cant be right.... can it?

Replies

• davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    It depends on your weight - 350 an hour seems a little high to me but if you kept constantly on the move for 4 hours you would have burned a lot. This is if you kept constantly on the move. If you stopped and had a coffee or had a rest then I would take this out of the time.
  • the only times I really stopped were to fold a load of laundry and dig thru the linen closet. huh.
    im really fat so I guess maybe that's why? (5'6" 250 lbs, how embarrassing!)
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    was this a spring cleaning or is this a cleaning you do every Sunday?

If you do it every Sunday then it should fit into your activity factor, if it is a once off I personally would add only 200 -300 cals to my daily allowance .

The thing is that if I raise my activity factor from sedentary to lightly active I get like 150 extra calories a day. If I log all my activities like cleaning, cooking, taking kids to school, shopping I get an extra 1200 calories. Considering that I am right on target for my projected loss the 150 calories are much closer to target then the 1200, in fact I would gain weight if I'd eat them back.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    I think MFP's calorie burn count is on the high side of reality. When I ate all my exercise calories back during a former MFP membership, I gained weight. Now I'm trying to keep my calories lower than 1600 regardless of exercise; I think that will work better for me.
  • was this a spring cleaning or is this a cleaning you do every Sunday?

If you do it every Sunday then it should fit into your activity factor, if it is a once off I personally would add only 200 -300 cals to my daily allowance .

The thing is that if I raise my activity factor from sedentary to lightly active I get like 150 extra calories a day. If I log all my activities like cleaning, cooking, taking kids to school, shopping I get an extra 1200 calories. Considering that I am right on target for my projected loss the 150 calories are much closer to target then the 1200, in fact I would gain weight if I'd eat them back.

I clean every sunday, but sometimes its just light work (laundry, toy clean up, sweeping, quick mopping, etc.) and sometimes its heavy like today. I for sure don't think I should eat back much, like you said maybe 200 - 300. im losing really well, BUT I had a bit of a binge yesterday and went over my calories (period time, ugh) so I feel like maybe this will help to even things out?
  • Fitness tracker or from MFP? Supposedly MFP exercise is off. I use a tracker so I don't know