All over body question!

Options
I'm 27 years old, 220lbs and 6 foot. I used to weigh 150lbs, before I had 3 kids, if I can get to 140lbs. :sad: do you think that would be too low?

Replies

• TTcarey
    TTcarey Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    someone told me this resently-"when you look in the mirror and YOU think you look good.. then you are at your goal weight" don't set your goal to low. Set it to 170.. see if you like it then if not... set another goal. This way you are less likely to give up!!! good luck
  • sandyvanderstelt
    Options
    thats not too low, but you should make some mini-goals first so you can feel accomplished along the way :) also, look up your BMI it will tell you what a healthy weight range is for you
  • coreenfw
    Options
    Well, I guess I would consider how you looked and felt at 150. With a 6' frame, I think 150 might be a good weight, and 140 might be a little low, but, if you felt overweight at 150..... I guess I would look at pictures of myself at that weight and assess how I was, ei: general condition and all. When you were at 150 were you in good shape physically, or not. If you were regularly able to exercise and in good condition, but thought you were still a little heavy...140 might be a good goal for you.

I know I am 5'5" and a mesomorph build (muscular/stocky) and I plan to aim for 140-150. i know I have been there before and was VERY happy at that weight. My husband worries I will be too thin. So, if you consider how you felt at that weight and feel you could have been in better shape and 10# lighter, go for it.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    :wink: not a doctor here, but i was once told that you could first aim to be in the Normal category for BMI, and then from there you re-adjust your goals in terms of body fat %. just a thought.

Best of luck!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" I weigh 148 a diet nutritionist told me to stay within 135 to 155lbs. You are 6' I think you may look a lil "sick" @ 140lbs. Plus the more weight you lose the looser you skin becomes. Which is what I am goin thru right now. Which in time can tighten up. So you may want to reconsider your ideal weight!
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I just looked at a BMI chart, if you are 6' then 140lbs puts you at the very lowest range possible for healthy body weight, any lower and you are then in the "underweight" territory. 160 lbs puts you right in the middle of the "healthy" weight range, so going 10 lbs less to 150 would be fine too. I think once you get to 150 I would assess how you feel, and if you wanted to go lower, then I would take it very slowly to make sure you aren't overdoing it. :)

Link to the BMI chart I looked at:
    http://www.bodyshapingtips.com/images/BMI-Chart.png
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds doable. It's always hard to lose weight after having children, but if you put your mind to it and are patient with yourself, I know you can do it! I agree, if you set mini-goals along the way, it will also give you something to look forward to.

Let us know how the process goes!
    Shannon
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 91/2 and 154 which seems to suit me. See how you go, take it a few lbs at a time and stop when your happy with how you look and how your clothes fit.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and I am supposed to be anywhere between 120s (low end) to mid 150s. I am thinking since you are 6 feet, 140 would be on the low side.
  • luvinggal
    Options
    Thanks to everyone, you've been a big help.