Always under on caliories....

Options
I know that it is good to be just under or even with your calorie goal but im always under by a few hundred if not 500 or more. 50o or more when I get a really good work out in.....Is this bad? I try and eat more calories but Im really not even that hungry, Trust me if I was I would eat more....any help with this question?

Replies

• coreenfw
    Options
    My feeling is that you should not eat more than you are hungry for. If you are regularly under by that amount, and you are eating healthy, losing weight at a reasonable rate and exercising, then more power to you. I had a lapband surgery in the beginning of August and I will tell you I have been eating a LOT less than the calories they ask for, (the first 2.5 months I was under 800 calories a day... crazy low) but, i feel great and I am sure to eat carefully (ie: eating healthy food with lots of nutrients, not lots of empty calories) and I have lost a lot. As long as you are losing I think you are OK. Sometimes though if you don't meet a certain calorie intake your body can shut down into 'starvation' and conserve calorie burn, so you need to increase the calories. I am sure you are aware of this.

But, if you are satisfied, go with it!! As long as it is working and you feel good.
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I feel like my body will tell me if I need more by giving me negative side effects like headaches, hunger pains and not losing weight on the scale if I'm not eating enough. I'm sure others will yell at us though. LOL!
  • josemonkey
    Options
    I had trouble staying under my calorie goal while I was losing weight. Once I finally got to my goal weight and changed my goals to "maintain current weight" instead of "lose weight," it added 400 calories to my daily budget. Since that happened, I'm often about 200 calories under. So, despite the fact that I reached my stated goal, I continue to slowly lose weight.

Not such a bad problem to have, I suppose...
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    I say listen to what your body tells you. If you're 500 calories under, feel fine and are not hungry, don't bother eating just to make up numbers.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost five pounds a month for the past five months eating all my exercise calories.
    Also I was eating 1500 net calories a day (1300 the past week).

Eat some more, that's really unhealthy. You'll lose the weight if you are sticking with your diet. Promise.
  • lefrance12
    Options
    I had trouble staying under my calorie goal while I was losing weight. Once I finally got to my goal weight and changed my goals to "maintain current weight" instead of "lose weight," it added 400 calories to my daily budget. Since that happened, I'm often about 200 calories under. So, despite the fact that I reached my stated goal, I continue to slowly lose weight.

Not such a bad problem to have, I suppose...

This is due to your activity level. Just like a professional football player. The more active you are, the more calories you would need. Just a tid bit :bigsmile:

Agreed listen to your body; however, high calorie snacks, like Kashi granola bars will help to increase your metabolism. I would try to snack between meals so your body does not try and store food. In other words, try and eat 5-6 meals snacks included. Hope this is helpful.. Good Luck!!!