Fitness App

Options
I'm trying to find a fitness app that will monitor my heart rate and give me workout totals (minutes, avg heart rate, calories burned, etc...) Wondering if anyone has recommendations. Thanks!

Replies

• ausheli
    ausheli Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Digifit is 1 that I use
  • idmtdiamond
    idmtdiamond Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks - what heart monitor do you use? I have the Pear but it isn't compatible with anything else and their app only allows you to use their workouts.
  • ausheli
    Options
    I use the Polar H7 hrm, that uses Bluetooth, but I find that it also connects to the polar gear at the gym as well, cheers aus
  • rdsxfn
    rdsxfn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT7. I did a bunch of research and it has lived up to my expectations. It will collect training files where you will see your:

1. Average heart rate.
    2. Top heart rate.
    3. How many calories you burned.
    4. What part of your work out was focusing on "fitness" and which part was focusing on "fat burn".

The only drawback, which isn't one for how I use it, is that you'd need to buy an accessory called the flowlink to transfer your work out files to the computer. I use myfitnesspal to log the calories I burn and simply review my training files when I feel like it with my watch.

So far I don't see a need to buy the flowlink but may pick it up somewhere down the line to see what the difference would be. Either way, the Polar FT7 is a great heart rate monitor.

Oh, one drawback for sure......it's not high fashion :laugh: I only where it when I'm working out.
  • ausheli
    Options
    Digifit is also MFp compatible, so your calories are auto updated