156 pounds lost after a gain

Options
Hi :) I wanted to share my most recent picture...largely for accountability. Over the last 7 years I lost 200 pounds whilst also having PCOS. I wasnt at goal but I was very close...then about 18 months ago life happened....my mum passed away, I broke my wrist, my house got broken into (you get the gist)....in that time I lost focus and gained 22 kilos (48 pounds)....At the start of the year I got back on the weight loss train and I have the correct mindset again (thankfully!) and know I will reach goal this year....heres a pic of where I am currently which I wanted to share.

Before: (173.1 kilos/380 pounds)
1704image2.png

Current (156 pounds down) - weighing 102 kilos/224 pounds::

1618708_612936442108321_770243900_n_zps7d969ea2.jpg

Replies

• lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Here's to 2014!
    Best wishes for your weight loss efforts!
  • ginghug
    Options
    That is amazing! Good for you!!!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You've come a long way, no reason to stop now! Good luck to you. :drinker:
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You look 15 or 20 years younger in the second photo!
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Impressive...good for you!!
  • kristyrae24
    kristyrae24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! You should be extremely proud of yourself for how far you have come! Best of luck to you in this year on reaching your goal, you can do it!!! :)
  • mg_89
    mg_89 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    amazing!!! Way to go!!
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Amazinggggggggggggg
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!
  • sunshinemcf
    Options
    Congrats. YOu look healthier and younger. You should go do what they do on that show biggest loser and get a great hair style and make over kind of thing. Keep motivated. You deserve to spoil yourself. Your skin looks awesome and you took years off yourself.
  • ProjectYummyMummy
    ProjectYummyMummy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Well done. What a motivation for others!
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I remember watching your journey 100 years ago on another website (WW)... it's fantastic to see you have stuck with it - and through such hard times! Go you good thing :-D
  • kazzsjourney2goal
    kazzsjourney2goal Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I remember watching your journey 100 years ago on another website (WW)... it's fantastic to see you have stuck with it - and through such hard times! Go you good thing :-D

Yep I was from the Aussie ww site - and yep I am still around ;)
  • cestabbey
    cestabbey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! You look happier and younger, for sure. Also, I LOVE that shirt in your "now" photo! I grew up reading the Mr. books. :)
  • mrsward2010
    mrsward2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    wow you look fantastic! keep up the hard work! every one has slip ups but its how you deal with it in the long run that matters! xx
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    wow that's an incredible loss and you look lovely! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Great inspirational story. Are you on any sort of medication?
  • kazzsjourney2goal
    kazzsjourney2goal Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great inspirational story. Are you on any sort of medication?

No I dont take any medication
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Yep I was from the Aussie ww site - and yep I am still around ;)

That's just wonderful. Perseverance pays off, it's something I need to remember! Well done.
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    WTG! Awesome job so far! These posts really inspire me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!