Hello everyone- need support

Options
hi, a couple of years ago I lost 80 pounds and loved it. I was at a consistent 113-115. Now I am about 125-128 and I hare to go back on a diet because I thought I was over that and would just maintain my weight. I have been negotiating with myself that I should just maintain my current weight but everytime I say that I know it's not what I really want. So that past 3 months on go on one lose a few and then go off and put it back on. I know 10 extra pounds does sound like alot but when u have lost 80 in the past u tend to freak out that I'll go back to that. If I don't put a stop I know I will regain again slowly. It crept back up on me. I need ur support to just suck it up and take back off the ten pounds I put back on. Any words of encouragement pleeeeeeeaaaassseee!

Than you : )

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Using this site will greatly help you. Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    While I haven't yet reached my goal weight, I have very similar concerns. One of my MFP friends posted she has an identified weight SHE WILL NEVER GO OVER. She says she increases her exercise and monitors her caloric intake when she sees she is getting close to that weight. She continues to log into MFP daily and logs her food and exercise - keeping herself accountable. I think she is maintaining her weight fairly well. I guess each person probably has their own methods of maintaining - just as each has their own methods of weight reduction. finding the balance and plan for you is key, I think. blessings as you continue on this journey of being a healthier and happier you.

Vickie
  • amy0776
    Options
    If you were happiest (and healthiest) at your previous weight - then you should definitely work to get back there. You're doing the right thing by deciding to tackle this now BEFORE it becomes problematic again. If you lost 80 lbs in the past, then this last 10 should be a piece of (sugar-free/fat-free) cake!! :) LOL!! You can do this, and MFP is a great place to get the support you need!! :) Good luck!!
  • jlthampton
    jlthampton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! You know your happiness, emotional being and body better than any friend or relative. There are a few things to keep in mind. What is your height and age? Also consider what is the condition of your skin, hair, muscle tone etc. Take a good, hard look, an honest look, at yourself in the mirror. (naked). If you still cannot come up with a decision you feel comfortable with, consult your doctor.
  • Hebaasmar
    Options
    Wow, I'm surprised how quick you guys responded, thank you! I think though that I am going to continue using this website for the support and connection, however not use the calorie counting feature because for me this is when I start obessing over number and it kinda runs my days. I hate that feeling. What do u think?