Weighing in every day

Options
I weigh myself every morning! Does anyone else do this? If you don't, how often do you weigh in?

Replies

• professormudd1
    Options
    I do. Every morning. I like getting to know my daily fluctuations. Just don't freak out when the weight loss does not seem consistent or uniform.
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but I don't take it too seriously as there is a lot of fluctuation in what the scale will show. I just find it interesting to see things like gaining two lbs of water weight after a salty popcorn munch the night before. From what I've seen, it's fine to weigh every day or just once per month, depending on what is right for you. Some people get really emotional if they see a two lbs increase from one day to the next, and the fact that they place such a strong emotional significance can derail them. If you don't get upset by it and can take the day to day fluctuations with a grain of salt, then there's no harm.
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I do :). It works for me, but I know that there are fluctuations. But when I stop weighing myself is when I start slacking on my portion control etc. I guess it just keeps me mindful of where I'm at physically. It's not for everyone tho. Do what works for you :)
  • Stephiestephs
    Stephiestephs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i am right now because i have a significant amount to lose and i want to make sure i am on the right track.
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I weight myself when I'm feeling light. LOL. Sometimes that's everyday, sometimes not.
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but don't check in unless it goes below the lowest weight because of water retention, and etc. I measure at least every other day or once a week to make sure there are results besides using the scale for my results.
  • blgmw2
    blgmw2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I also weigh everyday and log my weight in my diary so I can see my fluctuations. I find I don't fluctuate to much unless I don't drink my water, this keeps me drinking water. If you have a eating disorder probably not a good idea but it can be healthy.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at the same time and day every week, just because I know water weight makes day to day weight weird. I tend to overthink things and I don't want to overthink water weight lol.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Every morning!
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I do also. It keeps me in check. Obviously, what's best for one isn't right for everyone else. But I have found that when I let a few days go without weighing, I become to laid back with logging and food choices.
  • wpanderson
    Options
    I really do feel like those fluctuations make me more conscious of things like staying hydrated and watching my sodium intake! Glad to know others feel the same way!
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'll be the anomaly here then... I weigh myself every 3-4 weeks because otherwise I just know I'll obsess about it and it'll always play on my mind, but that's just what works for me. It reminds me this is long-term, am I going to weigh myself everyday for the rest of my life even the next couple of years- I seriously doubt it lol
  • Chelseraptor
    Chelseraptor Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The first thing I do every morning is weigh myself. I only count the number I see on Sunday morning on here, but I like to see how my weight changes day to day. I track it in Excel, and I think it helps motivate me on days that I'm up a little to look back and see how it's been fluctuating.
  • tomandshell
    tomandshell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have weighed myself (and logged the results) every morning since starting my diet in October, and understanding the fluctuations has been helpful for me. When I reach my target weight and transition to maintenance mode, I will eventually move towards weighing in once a week--but for now, the fluctuations and slow, steady progress are what I need to see in order to stay motivated.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,067 Member
    Options
    I just weigh weekly - I find that often enough to keep a track on things without becoming obsessive.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    once a week on friday morning when I wake up ...
  • kazzsjourney2goal
    kazzsjourney2goal Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do everyday and have for 7+ years - I find for myself it increases my accountabilty. But it depends on the person if you dont understand your body fluctuations etc it could mess with your head
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    You only need to weigh in once a week.

Really, that's all you need to do.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Weigh myself everyday but I don't change my weight on MFP till Monday.
  • ElizaB84
    ElizaB84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Any more than that and I stressyself out. Once I get in a rythem of exerrcise and weight loss is like to only weigh once a month