Motivation Booster

Options
Lately I have lost some of my motivation, while I have not given up completely it is very obvious that I have been slacking. My main focus in posting this is to remind myself that I have come extremely far in my journey and that I can not give up. I have managed to lose 62 pounds since July 5th, 2013 and while I'm within the 15-20 pounds of my goal there is no stopping now, I must push thru this struggle.

I am 5'10
SW: 239
CW:177
GW:160

Here is what I can share as far as motivation..

Befores:

39db3b9b-aa5e-45db-a566-cdf8493a02e4_zpsd65e899a.jpg

cf88aadb-983b-43b0-9466-748d4631a391_zpsaa613db2.jpg

photo24_zpse6dad85f.jpg

And where I stand today 1/26/14
43ef877b-44eb-421c-8fe7-d25217c2d09a_zps95e89395.jpg

Like I said earlier I have been slacking these past couple weeks...yesterday I went shopping and ended up being able to buy my first ever size MEDIUM shirt!!! I was able to buy that shirt even with having a few bad weeks under my belt, the excitement I felt when I fit the shirt was out of this world and was enough to put me back on the path to reach my goal. I know I can do this, I have accomplished so much already and I'm not going to give up. We can all reach our goals!!

Replies

• time4me2change14
    time4me2change14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What a great transformation! Great work, and wonderful inspiration for sure, thanks for sharing your story :happy:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I am so glad I clicked on this post! You are gorgeous! :love: Congrats on your progress so far! You will do awesome!
  • lanatheohsobannana
    Options
    you look amazing congrats
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    lovely to see. glad to hear you are feeling happy :)
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job so far! Looking good! Motivation ebbs and flows. Good for you for finding it again! :flowerforyou:
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    Firstly let me say how wonderful you look! Congratulations on your weight loss thus far, I know how much work it takes. ;)

I am very much in your position..I have lost 65lbs to date and I too found my motivation wavering over the last few months. I would like to lose around 40lbs more. I kinda lost my motivation for 3months. I was still exercising but my diet was a struggle. Thankfully I have refocused and am back on track. Eating has always been my challenge and some days I just get tired of always having to watch what I eat when everyone around me eats whatever they want. It is no doubt one of the hardest things I've done. While I knew this wasn't coming off fast it sure has been slower than I thought. The first 6months my eating was better but not what it should have been. It's been all about small changes along the way. I go to the gym 5days a week and let me tell you..it's still hard! Every morning when that alarm goes off I have to convince myself why I should go. But once I'm there I feel great. I totally get how you are feeling. Damn we are so so close to our goals and we can't stop now! We deserve it to ourselves to finish what we started right? Come on girlfriend we have this. Some of the things that help me is a long time ago I made a 'motivation' board of quotes, pictures that would inspire me. I update it often. I have a lot of things on it right now that say, "you've come too far to quit!" I've decided to put the scale away for awhile and focus on my measurements. I was finding if the scale went up or didn't go down it was influencing my attitude in a negative way. I have to focus on healthy and not a number. It's hard to do but ya know it's been so nice not having to step on it. I know when i have 'good' days and bad, I can tell by my clothes how I'm doing. I've started to measure my food again. I was getting too confident and overestimating the food i could have.

I believe in you!!! If you have come this far you certainly have it in you to finish what you started. It takes a very strong person to lose what you. Your not alone in your struggles. You got this..BELIEVE AND YOU WILL ACHIEVE!.
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Good job! Push through the hard times - the results are so worth it! You look great!
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    congratulations. it certainly is not easy but you look wonderful.
    I hope to look like you eventually!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for sharing your story and posting the pictures. I'm glad you are now reenergized. You have encouraged me with this post.
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What an accomplishment! You look amazing. Hang in there! I need to lose about the same as you. I am down 25lbs and it has taken me a very long time. Your posting has really helped me and hope that it helps you as well.
  • crystal3276
    crystal3276 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Congrats on your weight loss!!
  • kristyrae24
    kristyrae24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your comments :)
  • losing4goodnow
    losing4goodnow Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have problems keeping motivation too but you've come so far, too far to turn back now. You look great!!
  • lauraannnelson1
    Options
    Thanks so much! came here for some inspiration and you sure gave it to me. I only need to drop about 35lbs and after seeing your pictures it seems very achievable. So many awesome success stories here.
  • chocpot
    chocpot Posts: 11
    Options
    Amazing - thank you for sharing, this is just what helps us all to carry on.
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    One word... Beautiful!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I saw your success post a few months/weeks ago and I still remember it. You were super inspiring to me then, and still are! I think it's smart to spend a few weeks at maintenance giving yourself a break. I'm glad you posted again!! You look so great and I know you will get to your goal weight and stay there :)
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I remember you posting before and you looked amazing then. However, I don't remember the last picture...and WOW! Awesome!!! Great job!

Keep it up, lady, you got this...Something I like doing when I get discouraged is to look at the "reports" section, and then go to the weight, then click on the time increments. see how much it fluctuates, yet still goes down from where I started. Reminds me all is not lost.

And you, my dear....wow...:drinker:
  • rgoodeats
    rgoodeats Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The before and after pictures should be motivation enough. Great job! You worked so hard. Plus your a CUBS FAN!!!!!! can't go wrong:) Keep killing it!!!!
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You look super awesome. Your before reminds me of my current. Great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!