No longer being classified as obese

Options
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to share my small, but exciting success with everyone. I finally reached the point where my BMI is no longer considered obese, but overweight. I didn't realize how big of a thing this would be for me, but i'm proud of myself, and ready to move closer to a healthy weight.

I'd love to hear from others with similar stories!

Replies

• amccole88
    amccole88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • Mari_2009
    Mari_2009 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I have a long way to go but I look forward to saying that one day. Congrats once again!
  • sunshinemcf
    Options
    I was surprised when playing WII fit last year to hear OBESE. I am almost at the point of over weight. Step by step making it back to the old me. That's awesome. I always thought obese was being like over 200's but then I'm 5'4ish so I'm not that tall.
  • brooookeexo
    brooookeexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'4 and never saw myself as being "obese", so hearing that i was was hard. Good luck to all of you, you'll definitely get there!
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This is a big deal marking a turning point - tell yourself that you are never going to be obese again! Just think, at some point in the future you will be able to post that you are no longer overweight :-D
  • Just_Kim_
    Just_Kim_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • brooookeexo
    brooookeexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing :happy: Thanks for all the support!!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on this amazing accomplishment!!!
  • anonniemouse
    anonniemouse Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I have a milestone I'm gunning for that represents this no-more-obese weight. For me it's 230. 40lb to go.
  • Fittingitforever
    Fittingitforever Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am within three pounds of no longer being considered obese. I think sometimes it hurts so much to hear that word, that it is such a relief to say goodbye to it!
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I just became merely overweight myself. Feels awesome!

It is odd, but I really felt less overweight at the same time. Slightly more normal sized. Healthier. All within about 5 lbs of being overweight. Makes me think there might be something to it other than an arbitrary line in the sand.
  • stagegoddess
    Options
    Last year when I crossed that line it was amazing! I crept back up but now I'm within 5 pounds of no longer being classified as obese and I'm so looking forward to that day again!! Great job and thanks for sharing and getting more people to talk about it.
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I just hit that same NSV myself!! Now gunning for the "normal" category!
  • enriquez18
    enriquez18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    That's no small thing. Congrats.
  • Rikkirabbit
    Rikkirabbit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started using my fitness pal, it will be great to track what I eat, I am so happy to read of your success as well as the success of others! It is incredible and inspiring. Thank you!!
  • blinker86
    blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats! I just achieved this recently as well, and it is definitely a good feeling!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!