Weighing in every day

Options

Replies

• Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    No no no! I do not want to set myself up for disappointment! I weigh once a week!
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yep. I like to crunch the numbers.
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    I like to weigh in daily as it gives me a much better understanding of how different things affect my body. I have used the measurements to find out several things about the way I lose weight, like my weight goes up in the heat (no matter how much I drink) and also increases if I do over 1/2 hour of vigorous exercise like aerobics or similar (I chalk both up to water retention). I have also discovered lack of sleep makes my weight go up.
    If I weighed once a week I think I would get much more discouraged if there was not a big change in the numbers. For example for the last 3 days my weight hasn't changed. If I weighed myself in a week and it still didn't change, somehow I would be more discouraged than if it went up by .1 then back down the next day. Maybe it's weird, but that's just me.
    As I am working towards losing weight for an event, it helps me stay on track knowing exactly what my body is doing day to day.
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yup, I weigh every morning and then write it down on my calendar. If the number decreases, I had it on MFP. :)
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Yep I do too. I also graph it.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning first thing but only check in on Tuesdays. I do it to keep me focused and on track. It is when I stop this that I become more slack with my portions and eating. I have gone months without stepping on the scale in the past and every time I have gained a significant amount of weight. I don't mind the fluctuations and usually can pinpoint the cause easily. However I fully understand why the numbers would drive some people crazy or obsessive so it is important that everyone does what is best for them and their results!!
  • fnub
    fnub Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just started an experiment for this. So many people tell me not to do this because the of how the scale fluctuates and how it can be very disappointing at times. But I found a way to see the difference I make each and every day. I workout 7 days per week and want to see what effect it has. In order to see results every day, I had to;

1, I don't eat my exercise calories
    2, The next morning, go to the washroom to get rid of everything
    3, THEN go to the gym
    4, Workout hard for 35 to 40 minutes
    5, Drink NO WATER during my workout.
    6, Drive home & then remove all my sweat-drenched clothing
    7, Step on the scale while completely naked

IF you stick to your plan and exercise hard and get a good sweat going, you should see results every day. I'm not recommending that every/anyone do this. I am simply stating that this is what I have done to see daily positive results. It seems to work every time and it's a joy to see the pounds disappear daily.

I once tried weighing myself daily in the morning after I dropped a deuce but the results would always vary, leaving me uber disappointed. The key seemed to be weighing in after my workout. I'd be curious to know if anyone else does this and are you getting the same positive results.

Cheers
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other week. I don't like to see a lot of fluxuation, so every day is too frustrating. Once a month is not often enough for the "control" I feel comfortable with.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    When i was losing, it was every week. Now i'm maintaining it's more like every month.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I avoided the scale for years and fooled myself in my own little la-la land. Part of my plan going forward involves getting on the scale every day to stay on track so I don't fall down that slippery slope again.

I push myself to get on there every morning now. It's been tough getting used to the little fluctuations (a day working with weights will bring a gain the next day), but now that I'm used to them, I'm glad I'm developing the habit.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Wonder why someone resurrected a thread that is a year old??
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I do every single day because I use the free service at TrendWeight.com. It makes the daily fluctuations that everyone is talking about much easier to digest. It makes the entire process really easy. If you have four green arrows, keep doing what you are doing. if you see a red arrow, make adjustments accordingly. Easy peezy.....
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I do!
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    yes, every day. I know all about fluctuations but still if I don't I tend to understate that I might have gained the last couple of days and by now it's a habit. though I'm one of those who freak a bit when I see more than 2 pounds weight gain, and go in full attack mode.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Wonder why someone resurrected a thread that is a year old??

Especially one that's asked several times a week

And yes I do weigh every day to keep track of the fluctuations
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Every few days for me, or whenever I remember! I log it on an app called 'Happy Scale' which shows trends.
  • budgester
    budgester Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use a Withings scale, then it all recorded and sync'd everytime.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I have always weighed daily but used to only log once a week

Now I log daily and I use trendweight.com to give me actual weight loss trends whilst gaining understanding of daily fluctuations which are generally around 2lbs up or down. The black spots are actual weight readings and the red line shows the variance from overall trend. It interests me that my weight loss, since dropping to 0.5lbs a week seems more in synch with hormones now with my weight dropping to new lows twice a month

zukez19xb9ng.jpg
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily to keep myself on track.
  • Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Weighing in daily keeps me motivated to eat healthier =) I hear that weighing in every day makes you excessive, but NOT weighing in makes me obsessive. lol