LOSING WEIGHT

Options
OMG I am so freaking annoyed. I have been doing everything right. Staying under calories, exercising...everything and I'm not losing weight now. I am kind of depressed about it. I feel like everything I eat is getting STUCK inside me and it isn't coming out. I've been eating fiber and drinking water. :( I'm sad that I'm not losing weight anymore. I was doing so good.

Replies

• lfafnis
    lfafnis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Don't give up hon! I have been stuck more times than I can tell you, it will pass. Try eating some different things if you tend to eat the same stuff day in and day out. Also, I don't know why this works but if you can trust yourself to get back on the wagon, take a few days or a week off. Yes you may gain but once you get started again it will start coming off. It works like a charm for me every time. You just have to be super committed to getting back on, that's the really hard part. Your metablolism needs to be tricked into working again. Good luck!!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    It happens - unfortunately. Some say eat more calories one day and less the next (see-saw) and change up your exercise from day to day. I did not check to see if your diary was public so I do not know what you are eating and if you are eating enough. Try not to go below 1200 calories. I have done so and THEY are right - your body does hold onto everything you put in it! Also - some ladies get stuck just before or at their TOM. Just keep the faith and you will lose. Good luck!
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!!!!

I just read a post here the other day about someone who was stuck. She changed her meals up for a day--and maybe even ate alittle more than her calories--but it was enough to fool her body/metabolism into a different mode and she started losing again!

I'm a creature of habit--will often eat the same meals/foods over and over because I know they are "safe"...but that keeps our bodies at an even keel---which can mean no weight loss! I don't mean for you to go overboard, but maybe for one day try something different. See if it helps!

I'm not sure of the poster (I've only been a member for 4 days!!) but maybe if you search metabolism or plateau, you might find the post I'm referring to!

Good luck! HANG IN THERE!!
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
  • tnfphelan
    Options
    Change it up, do different exercises. Maybe don't eat as much fiber. Your body get use to things. You have to fool your metabolism. Don't give up, you maybe losing inches.
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!!!!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Try switching something up, eating a little more or a little less, and doing something new @ the gym (or whatever you do for exercise). Sometimes the body needs a shock!
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 10 lbs though...already I need a shock. This is depressing...maybe my TOM is coming early or something. IDK