Help with loosing the belly

Options
I need suggestions for help getting rid of the belly. I am unable to do crunches / sit-ups due to back and spine issues so any suggestions are appreciated. I am a single mom and work 40 + hours a week and do all my exercising around the house. Thank you in advance.

Replies

• nicoleisback
    Options
    You will not lose your belly without lowering your overall body fat. Any exercise and eating right will eventually get you a flatter belly
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I've lost some inches by swimming
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    You are in luck! You can lose belly fat by eating at a calorie deficit.
    About ten years ago I had no belly fat, and killer ab muscles from lifting weights regularly with no isolated ab exercises. I am planning to get leaner abs this year by maintaining my weight and building upper body strength.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    About ten years ago I had no belly fat, and killer ab muscles from lifting weights regularly with no isolated ab exercises. I am planning to get leaner abs this year by maintaining my weight and building upper body strength.

this

and patience...
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yes above and I would add that you can do some standing ab exercises, I think FitnessBlender (free on youtube has them).
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts.
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    bump
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options

This^^^

And as mentioned as well, Compound lifts (squats, deadlifts).

I stopped with the isolations stuff for core (crunches, sit ups), and focused more on the big lifts, even with a slight calorie surplus, I'm still maintaining abs. With a calorie deficit alone, and regular exercises, you can achieve a flat stomach.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Consistent calorie deficit is what works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    If you can do planks and leg raises, those are other exercises for the abs.

But still abs are made in the kitchen