Motivating Myself!

Hi everyone! I started MFP September 2013 at 183lbs. I managed to lose 10lbs in about five weeks, then life happened and I didn't sign on for about 3 months. I did manage to maintain my new weight all through all the holidays. The first goal I'm trying to meet is 150lbs, then hopefully 135lbs. Not a whole lot of weight to lose, but it's still weight I could definitely lose! I'm introducing myself because even though I read these forums a lot, I'm hoping that participating will help keep me more motivated :) I've read some amazing transformation stories and I am excited to have my own.

I would love to hear what kept you motivated on your journeys! Thanks :)

Replies

• DavidG789
    DavidG789 Posts: 28 Member
    Welcome back to myfitnesspal! its quite the awesome community here and we're all supporting each other. I've lost about 6-7kg so far but unfortunately I find it hard to balance weight loss and college all at the same time but I'm trying. I want to be able to be happy with my body and feel confident and actually want to go swimming and stuff with my friends instead of being embarrassed all the time. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Take it 1 day a time! You can do whatever you set your mind to :)
  • butterfly866
    butterfly866 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks guys!
  • Simplicity! I think I lost weight because I kept it simple.
    I was actually at a workshop last week where a psychologist was discussing recent research from Stanford regarding motivation. Simplicity was the number one most important factor. We know what we need to do but we keep looking for magical solutions. Like Dorothy's red shoes in the wizard of OZ we had the answers all along: a simple calorie deficit.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Congratulations on maintaining your previous loss :)

Motivating myself is exactly what I do... I have amazing friends here that I vent to, and that I love encouraging and sharing ideas with and it does keep me here and logging BUT what really gets me going is losing the weight. The number on the scale getting smaller, my clothes getting looser, buying smaller sizes and when those things aren't happening the number on the scale not going up. The little non-scale victories, fitting in a stadium or theatre seat, moving my belt a notch in the right direction and seeing changes in my appearance in photos and generally feeling better (increased energy and not being out of breath).

Those 10 pounds you lost? They would motivate my next 10. Each pound lost paves the way for the next in my book.