Fitbit flex, force, or UP24?

Options
Hi,

I am trying to decide between the the Fitbit flex, Fitbit force, and jawbone UP24.

Can anyone speak to their quality or reliability? I know their general specifications but I'm curious about their long term use. I've heard that the fitbit force has issues with the clasp...is this serious enough to avoid it?

Replies

• likeabanner
    likeabanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have had a Force for a month now and I don't have any problems with the clasp unless something gets caught on it. I also work as a vet tech and wrestle/restrain animals often so I have run into the clasp coming off if a paw gets stuck in it... but other than that, it's steady and true.

I find it comfortable and I don't even notice it's there. This coming from a person who never wears jewelry or watches.
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I got the flex when reading about the clasp issues on force. I haven't had any issues with the flex model and really like it. Can't say long term since I just got it but it's already pretty interesting looking at my activity and sleep areas. Not sure I quite understand the calorie burn with steps though since I walked over 6 miles yesterday with steps but only got a 300 burn adjustment for that in the sync with here.

Even with that confusion, really liking this system.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    The clasp on the Flex and the Force look the same to me.

I have a 4 year old Fitbit that still works, if that helps.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I bought a Jawbone UP & Fitbit Flex last year. They've each died & been replaced twice. Fitbit has superior customer service, but I prefer the Jawbone app.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I got a force at Christmas. I do get a reaction to the nickel and my wrist did begin to break out. I now keep it in my pocket. I got a fitbit one in Feb 2013, wear it clipped to my bra. I am using them both, but have the force connected to the fitbit site. I wanted to see the difference in them, and there is a difference, not huge, but enough to make a small difference. I really like that the force has an alarm (silent) that goes off when you reach 10,000 steps.

I did read somewhere that it registers better when it is tighter to the body. Don't know if that is true or not, but it appears that it may be because it is held tighter in place in my pocket.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Fitbit one. Wristband trackers measure too many hand movements and not steps
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Purchased the Jawbone UP last month. No technical or Phsyical issues here, yet.
    I especially like the app interface.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I wore the up for several months. I have stopped wearing it. I felt it way underestimated how many calories I needed and my half marathon training suffered. I was eating the calories it told me too but it wasn't enough and I was getting dizzy/lightheaded. I went back to the TDEE method and have done much better. I feel like I wasted my money on that product.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi! I got the Fitbit Force and I have not noticed any inaccuracies due to wrist movement and I have had very little trouble with the clasp. (I have taken it off in my sleep a couple times...not the fault of the Force...my fault!) There are a few times where it has not logged a flight of stairs here or there, but mostly, it seems to be spot on.

I like the convenience of seeing my progress without being on my phone or computer - the stats are right there on your wrist with the Force.

I like it so much, I just bought one for a friend as a combo birthday/Christmas gift!
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have the flex and have been using it since June. Giving some thought to the Force but am pleased with the Flex. It measures well and once it is adjusted the hand movement issue becomes moot. I sometimes drive long distances and the first time I did this the Flex registered me as walking a bit, but the second time the Flex registered only the walking breaks. I like the Flex and hate jewelry but it is comfortable. There is a a site that has comparisons on the these if you want it the URL is below:

http://pedometers-review.toptenreviews.com/

Hope that helps.
  • meaganmna
    Options
    I recommend the Fitbit One. I had the flex, but I usually wear a Garmin Forerunner 210 when I run (to track distance and also to use as a HR monitor). I didn't want to be wearing two things on my wrist, plus I normally wear a wristwatch during the day. I LOVE the one. It's really easy to use -- you can clip it in your pocket or to your bra during the day and also wear it to workout. I love being able to clip it to my workout pants and still wear my Garmin on my wrist. They give you a nice sleepband to put the One in at night, and that works well. My fiance had a Force and it measured movement every time he moved his hand. He works in a lab, so it registered way more steps than he was actually taking because he was moving his hand a lot during experiments. Hope this helps!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and I really like it!
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and I love it - I accidentally put it in the wash the other week, and the tumble dryer and it is still working fine, can't argue with that for durability! Though that experience caused it to log me an awful lot of steps that day!!
  • Jennifer1885
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Flex and love it! Its so easy just putting it on my wrist and not thinking about it unless I tap it when I go to bed/get up. When I bought it the Force had not been released yet.

There was a segment on the Today show recently that the Force had some issues with causing rashes in some people. They thought it was due to the clasp being metal (the flex is plastic). Many people (including myself) have a nickel allergy and the metal clasp was causing the issues. But I believe they have corrected this. I know they were offering refund to those who had an issue.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I got the Force in November. I love it and have no problems with the clasp whatsoever!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I like my fitbit one.
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    The fitbit force and fitbit one are consistently rated as the most accurate activity trackers.
  • wvtracyann
    wvtracyann Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just got the force about 3 weeks ago and I love it. It links right to MFP and has an app on my phone where I can track everything. It combines with all the stuff on MFP to give me a better idea of what I should be eating each day not just the solid 1200 cal like MFP likes to give
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Husband has the flex and really likes it. Durable and seems to work well.
  • nnix64
    nnix64 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the flex and Love it! No problems with accuracy and it is easy to keep up with. When I had the one I washed and dried it and ruined it so I like the fact that this one is where I can see it