encouragement?

Options
I really want to lose weight but it's really hard for me because I have nothing to keep me going. I'm not doing it to impress guys or to fit into tiny things because that's just not who I am. I was wondering if anyone has a special way to encourage them to keep going? Please help!!

Replies

• nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have fun with my diary... keep close track and enjoy watching your nutrition gauges and what not. And make exercise fun vs. a chore!! Find things you like to do that keep you moving.
  • brad81684
    Options
    You have to want it. If you want it, it encourages you.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    find your why? holding on to the reason you want this will push you through.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I think you need more than just wanting it, I mean I really wanted to lose weight every other time I tried and so I suspect did everyone else on this site that tried to lose weight before.

My motivation comes in many forms

I challenge myself everyday to meet or get as close to my macros as I can, even using my evening snacks to top up the macros that are low.

I really enjoy the weighing and logging of everything I eat and drink - this helps a lot

I enjoy eating the food that I love and not feeling hungry unlike other ways that I have tried to lose weight

I am seeing results, again I was lucky because I lost a lot from my stomach early on but that is not always the case

I managed to get myself a fantastic group of friends on here who support me every single day

That is me, you should cherry pick the reasons people give you to make sure you have something that works for you and ignore those you know wont help

Wishing you the best of luck in achieving you goals
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I really want to lose weight but it's really hard for me because I have nothing to keep me going. I'm not doing it to impress guys or to fit into tiny things because that's just not who I am. I was wondering if anyone has a special way to encourage them to keep going? Please help!!

being fit and healthy isnt a good reason?
  • 2323karen
    Options
    You've got this! I pick out a pair of jeans or shorts that I would really like to fit into. I will go to the store once every couple of weeks and try them on. I have lost 30 pds in 3 months. I use a high protein low carb diet. It works well for me. But you have the want or you wouldnt of started. Find something that you want. The first week is the hardest but once you get the minor details worked out....it starts to show. And the first person that notice you've lost weight...it gets easier! Your on the road to a better you!
  • 2323karen
    Options
    You've got this! I pick out a pair of jeans or shorts that I would really like to fit into. I will go to the store once every couple of weeks and try them on. I have lost 30 pds in 3 months. I use a high protein low carb diet. It works well for me. But you have the want or you wouldnt of started. Find something that you want. The first week is the hardest but once you get the minor details worked out....it starts to show. And the first person that notice you've lost weight...it gets easier! Your on the road to a better you!
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You have to feel like you want this bad enough!! Then you will want to!! The first week is the hardest!!
  • FiresongUK
    Options
    1. It's a fun game. If you're competitive, find someone's weight loss to beat. If you're not competitive, it's a great challenge to prove that you can do it.

2. You'll feel a lot better. Imagine carrying 40 lb of shopping around with you. Then imagine the relief of finally being able to put it down.

3. You'll be able to outrun the zombies if you get fitter.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Why do you want to lose weight? There has to be a reason, and you can use that as your motivation. If it's for health reasons, do research on the health benefits of losing weight and make that your motivation. If it's for how you feel, pay special attention to how you feel when you bend over to tie your shoes, after you climb flight of stairs, and then make it your goal to feel better when doing those things. If it's just about looking better just for yourself, take pictures of how you look now, and plan to take new ones each month, so you'll stick to your plan and make sure you have improvements to take pictures of each time.