Vibration plates

Options
Thinking about buying one as I have heard they help you tone up quickly! Has anyone tried them???

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money, the manufacturers lie worse than politicians..........
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    They arent very good from what im aware, try an exercise bike/cross trainer instead :)
  • tezfraxx
    Options
    Ok thank you!!????
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    For toning, I recommend free weights.
  • XLombardX
    XLombardX Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    They CAN BE good, when you use the professional ones that actually work. I know my physio and orthopaedic doctor have Galileo vibration plates, which are the only ones that I know are proven to work. The results have been published and replicated by peer-reviewed journals. However, without professional training you can do more harm than good (even on the professional ones), as each exercise is more effective...if you have bad technique every injury will be magnified.

I have flat feet/fallen arches and over-pronating, which led to instability and pain - I kept falling over/twisting my ankle and I couldn't walk for very long. Exercises on the Galileo machine were part of my treatment, and they really strengthened me.
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    my gym has vibration plates and has classes for them as well....those classes are hard..I wear my HRM and burn 400 cal in 45mins! I also use the plates after a spinning class for massage...they can be good but I wouldnt put my ENTIRE exercise regime on those plates..
  • JamiesMummyX
    JamiesMummyX Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I spent an huge amount of money on one and it done zilch, was a total waste. If you go to a gym maybe you could try one there (beware of your wobbly bits!) but mostly I found it to be useless and sold it on for a massive loss.

But in saying that, a few people tried it out, family members and friends and there was around 4 maybe out of 11/12 people who said they felt aches and pains afterwards but that's all they said - I wouldn't bother!