Lost 14lbs in a week

Options
Hi all.

I've been using this app on and off since last year and have now gained the motivation to take control of my weight. I used to be a bit of a gym nut when I was 18 after getting into weights. I didn't do any cardio. I stopped when I was 19 and now I've gone up 3 stone to 18 now 23 years old.

I decided to start cutting back on my calorie intake a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been religiously strict and I haven't been starving myself either. I weighed 18 stone last Monday and I now weigh 17 stone! If you don't believe I've lost that much in a week check out my profile reports. I've also done at least 30 minutes cardio a day. Sometimes more.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports/printable_diary/bradsterb

I'm really surprised and I know it's not healthy to lose that weight this quickly. I also know I will plateau probably after this week. But I just wanted to share this.

I've now jumped up my meals to 5 a day from 3 a day. My eating now consists of a 20:40:40 split (fats/protein/carbs) and I'm planning to get back on the weights next Monday.

What do you guys think?

Replies

• FitspoEm
    FitspoEm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    wow that is amazing!!! keep at it
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Those 14 lbs would be the initial water weight. Don't be surprised if you lose a bit more, but then your weightloss comes to a crawl (1ish lb/week).

When I first started using MFP seriously, I dropped a crazy 17lbs in the first week. I then lost another 6 the second week, but since, my weight loss was more "normal". This is especially true if you went from eating high carb, processed, unhealthy foods to a lower carb, more natural diet.

Keep up the good work. Remember, this is a marathon, not a race. You're in it for the long haul.
  • honigbubble
    honigbubble Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    well done!