smoothie

Options
tamj73
tamj73 Posts: 22 Member
Going to try a smotthie this morning. My coworker told me to try more protien so im trying greek yogurt in it. Never been successful in making and or staying full on these....here we go! How do you make yours?

Replies

• ademedeiros
    ademedeiros Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've always had the same problem with smoothies. Lack of experience I suppose, so I've been trying them too. I made one yesterday that was pretty good. It was frozen strawberries, 1/2 a banana, about 1/4 cup of rolled oats, and about 2 cups of blue diamond almond coconut milk. Oh, I also put some chia seeds in there too, I read that they help you feel full and I think the oats helped me with that too :)
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Go to recipe - I blend spinach, frozen fruit (70g) and 1 scoop of whey vanilla protein powder. Add water to get the consistency I like. I prefer a milkshake consistency and the protein keeps me full

The frozen fruit varies. Today was combo of pine, peach and strawberry. Sometimes it's mango or berry blend ( blueberries, blackberries, raspberries ). I add cucumber, apples, celery and even ginger for an extra kick.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    If you want a high protein smoothie, vanilla protein powder (whey isolate or another isolate) blended with plain yoghurt and frozen fruit makes an excellent smoothie. Tastes like ice cream, only with much better macros.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I make mine with a cup of Greek yogurt and a serving of frozen berries. I can't think of the number of grams off hand, just follow according to the package. Sometimes I will throw in fresh banana or mango to spice it up. I toss it all in the blender and blend away. If it is too think I will add a little bit of water at a time until it gets to a consistency that I like.
  • mscrystallee
    mscrystallee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I always add about 1/4 cup of oats, some Chia seeds. Spinach, Banana, Manago, Chia, Oats, Almond Milk and Greek Yogurt.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Going to try a smotthie this morning. My coworker told me to try more protien so im trying greek yogurt in it. Never been successful in making and or staying full on these....here we go! How do you make yours?
    If smoothies don't satisfy you...why are you drinking one? (Some people do it as a way to get more fruits and vegetables if they don't like eating them, or as a way of using protein powder)
    Personally, I usually don't drink my calories, because I like the process of eating, and the variation of tastes and textures I get from solid food. I'd gulp a drink, even a thick one, down in a minute...and still wanna chew on something!
    I don't have anything against smoothies, but if you prefer food, and have time to prepare breakfast...then eat breakfast. There's nothing magic about blending your food into a smoothie.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have one as a snack.. Whey Protein powder, frozen berries, carb master yogurt, ice, and soy milk. Makes a big portion and I like the consistency(very ice cream like). Only problem is that it is winter and I am always freezing after I drink this...
  • tamj73
    tamj73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Im trying them because I like them! Thanks for all the ideas....im looking for milkshake consistency and I cant seem to get it! Lol
  • amye004
    amye004 Posts: 32
    Options
    I have baby kale blend (spinach, kale, chard), celery, blueberries, unsweetened applesauce, unflavoured whey protein powder and water. The applesauce and blueberries drown out the veggies but I used to have vanilla protein powder in which I didn't need the applesauce.

I will say that I have solid food with it. Some walnuts or half and English muffin with half a tablespoon of almond butter or sometimes a whole English muffin with a tablespoon of almond butter. Sometimes I'll use a rice cake instead of an English muffin. I find that the smoothie itself doesn't fill me but pairing it with a food keeps me going for hours. I also like a good boost of protein in the morning which is why I use the whey although I will remove it if I want a bigger breakfast. I mostly use the smoothie to get some vegetables in the morning.
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have found adding avocado makes a very nice creamy consistancy. Our go to recipe is:
    Almond or coconut milk
    Lots of spinach
    Frozen peach, pineapple,strawberry, mango mix
    A few cherry tomatoes
    1/4 avocado
    Flax seed

You can also try adding a banana but I think the avocado is creamier.