NEED FRIENDS THAT WILL SUPPORT & MOTIVATE ME EVRYDAY

Options
HI, this is my second week on here and I've had alot of friends request during the past week offering me support and their friendship but i've come to realize not a lot are offering support. I really need this because in my day-to-day life there's not a lot of people who support me doing this. So i dont generally talk about it because most times people laugh that im trying to change for the better. I need REAL friends that will stay in contact with me and understand what its like for me. Not just send me a message once and stay on my friends list but never talk to me afterwards. I need someone that will give me advice and support and become real friends even beyond MFP. Regardless of your goals, we are all here to better ourselves and change our ways. Im looking for a true friend that will be there along the way so in the end I can say I wouldnt have been able to reach my goal without this person. Im looking for true and good friendships... If thats you, please add me as a friend and lets get to know each other and lets support each other every day until we both reach our goals.

Thanks,
Valerie

Replies

• Earth2Graceee
    Options
    Sent request :)
  • reeny34
    reeny34 Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi, this is my third week on MFP. I log in daily, my diary is open and I give advice, support, encouragement and motivation in any way I can. One piece of advice I can give you at this point of time as to why people laugh is because 1) they don't understand what you are going through and how it makes you feel, 2) they don't understand how hard it can be to make a decision to want to change for the better 3) they may be threatened by your attempts to change because they are so used to the way you are now.

As a friend I will do my upmost best to be there for you along the way and to stay in contact by talking to you regularly and hopefully becoming a REAL good friend now and beyond MFP where possible. If I am the type of person you are looking for and would like to form a true and good friendship with me then feel free to add me.. I will send you a FR.

Shareen
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like..I dont need support but im happy to return it. And I will chat with you as much as you chat with me...and i love to talk so lol
  • FitspoEm
    FitspoEm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    everyone add me! just got back into this and need active friends
  • barton6435
    barton6435 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, im in the same boat could do with as much motivation as possible
  • MsDorrie
    Options
    Support is the BEST part of MFP. I don't get any support at home either so page is very important to me. It's my second go-round and I know this page is a huge help toward success. I'll send you a request now!
  • chrysanthis
    Options
    Just sent a request - let's do this!
  • eli130
    eli130 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am close to the opposite....I get so much support that I don't want to tell anyone that I am even trying! They all think they are "helping" by commenting and watching me, but truth be told it makes me more self-conscious about everything! This is a battle I want to fight, but I get so easily angered by how hard it is and sometimes really struggle to keep it up. I am not great at long chats and tons of advice, but I am descent at the simple encouragement. I am looking for the same in people. I need realistic encouragement, especially when I get off task....simple little supports of all the little things I try to do - especially since I am only looking for the support on here so that I can really utilize the site to it's fullest. Feel free to friend me if you are looking for the same! :) Good luck! :smile:
  • lilpolkadotbikini
    Options
    I am in the same boat, its very hard for me to stay motivated. I'll support you if you give me a good talking to if I'm slacking :-)
  • boilermaker6
    boilermaker6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    All of you feel free to add me. I could use some support and motivation myself. I also hope to swap ideas and tips with each other
  • Rebel867564
    Options
    likewise, looking for motivation and accountability friends
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    <--- obsessive logger / frequent ( sometimes offensive ) commenter. Feel free to send a FR if that's what is missing from your mix.
  • howaboutit
    howaboutit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    request sent :)
  • SUSANPLAN48
    Options
    Hi,
    Third time lucky ..its January again and once again i trying to lose weight,ive been cutting down on sweet things ,this has made me over indulge on savory food,really want to lose 10 lbs before August, so far its comming off in 1/4 lbs and most weeks no loss
    Wondering if anybody else is struggling like me .
    Susan x