Is not eating my whole calorie allowance bad for me?

Options
hello,
i have been told to have a low carb and low sugar diet, as my body is turning all the sugars into fat. i have been eating lower carb/sugar things and trying to stay within my limit for these....but staying below the limit in these means that the last few days i have been below on my calories....
is this really bad for me? i am just a bit confused on what to do, as i am trying to keep my sugar and carbs low but worried i am not eating all my carbs.
but i don't feel hungry do i don't just want to eat for the sake of eating just to use up the extra calories :S

sorry if i have confused you - but does anyone have any suggestions?
thanks,
fay
xx

Replies

• lefrance12
    Options
    dont worry about it.. if it is a large deficit, find some high calorie snacks like Kashi granola bars that are healthy snacks but high cals.
  • fairy06
    Options
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your daily calorie goal is. If it's 1200, you need to eat all your cals. If it's higher, you don't necessarily eat them all. Just so you know, the sugar allowance is set ridiculously low. Almost no one can stay within that limit while eating a balanced diet. Dairy products and fruits just have too much sugar according to MFP, but you need to eat them to maintain a healthy diet. So don't worry about sticking to the sugar limit set by MFP. Just try to reduce the amount of processed foods you eat so you won't be getting refined sugars. The sugars in milk and fruit are ok.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just eat more protein.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    *post deleted, see below*
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your daily calorie goal is. If it's 1200, you need to eat all your cals. If it's higher, you don't necessarily eat them all. Just so you know, the sugar allowance is set ridiculously low. Almost no one can stay within that limit while eating a balanced diet. Dairy products and fruits just have too much sugar according to MFP, but you need to eat them to maintain a healthy diet. So don't worry about sticking to the sugar limit set by MFP. Just try to reduce the amount of processed foods you eat so you won't be getting refined sugars. The sugars in milk and fruit are ok.

As long as you're not filling the sugar allowance with refined sugar you can feel free to go over it., just don't go over by like 100grams or anything lol I try to keep my sugar intake rediculously low, but since I love things like apples and mandarin oranges I don't bother tracking my sugar as it doesn't differentiate between natural sugars found in fruits and refined sugars found in breads, etc.

Also, dairy products are NOT as healthy as the food guide tries to tell us they are. Unless you are vigilant in finding organic, chemical free, non homogenized, non pastureized dairy products you are still ingesting harmful toxins! Ever wonder why men and women in rural China never get breat, ovarian, prostate, or testicular cancer?....They don't eat dairy products!! (And if they do it's things such as pure goats milk.)
  • fairy06
    Options
    x
  • fairy06
    Options
    THANKS FOR ALL YOU ADVICE!! XXXX
  • fairy06
    Options
    Just eat more protein.

im a vegieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :/ xx
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    quorn stuff is full of protein....and is lovely and low cal...so being a veggie shouldn't make a difference to your protein x