Want to lose 14lbs on IIFYM, anyone else doing this?

Options
IIFYM = if it fits your macros!

Basically a more advanced form of calorie counting that involves counting your macro nutrients, not just your calories, for anyone who would like to know!

Would be great to hear from some people who have had success using this method, any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

xx

Replies

• luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer had me doing this. I did not lose weight this way. Don't get me wrong. Every one is different. My body just seems to loose better if I have more protein and less carbs. I was on 179g carb, 80g protein and 39g fat. lost .5 pounds in one month. I have since gone back to more protein less carbs and have lost 1 pound in a week.
    the food scale helped a lot with the tracking, so if you are going to do this get a scale.

Best of luck to you.
  • hannahsaurausrex
    hannahsaurausrex Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    On the calculator online, my protein is 142g, carbs 142g and fat is something like 54g and it says 1-2 pounds a week weigh loss is normal. Fingers crossed.
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You have different counts than the ones the personal trainer gave me. Keep us posted on your results please.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer had me doing this. I did not lose weight this way. Don't get me wrong. Every one is different. My body just seems to loose better if I have more protein and less carbs. I was on 179g carb, 80g protein and 39g fat. lost .5 pounds in one month. I have since gone back to more protein less carbs and have lost 1 pound in a week.
    the food scale helped a lot with the tracking, so if you are going to do this get a scale.

Best of luck to you.

It's not that IIFYM didn't work for you, it's that your trainer didn't set you at macros that worked for you. I'm guessing you're still eating foods you enjoy in moderation and in a deficit, with a higher protein macro and lower carbs. So you're still doing IIFYM, just with different percentages. It's all about trial and error. Glad you found the ratios that work for you!