Calories for body conditioning class

Options
Anyone have a ball park idea of how many calories for a body conditioning class? I thought I would use calories for strength lifting; they were slighly more than for yoga. It seems like the body conditioning class should be in that range.

The class has you exercise with handweights, some mild cardio for a warm up, glute bridges, planks, crunches, push ups etc.

My whole body hurts since this is a different kind of exercise for me. (I'm a runner and decided to start working slowly on strength.)

I'm actually hoping that I burned off enough calories for a glass of wine tonight.

Replies

• Afrochic487
    Options
    Low Intensity
    You can perform the body conditioning class at a low intensity level if you are a beginner, are recovering from an injury or have exercise limitations. Exercising at a low intensity level burns approximately four calories per minute, making it similar to performing calisthenics, yoga or slow walking. If you weigh 160 pounds, you can burn approximately 292 calories per hour in a body conditioning class.

Moderate Intensity
    Increasing your exercise intensity to a moderate level increases the amount of calories burned in a body conditioning class to about five to eight calories per minute. A moderate intensity level is similar to aerobic dance, swimming, tennis or brisk walking. Using a moderate intensity level, a 200-pound person can burn about 455 calories per hour.

High Intensity
    Performing at a high intensity level burns the most calories during a body conditioning class. A high intensity level is similar to running, intense cycling or performing interval workouts. At this intensity, you burn about eight to 10 calories per minute. If you weigh 240 pounds, you can burn about 763 calories during the class.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    if it's a class with hand weights- it's still a cardio class.