Anyone else with 1300 calorie limit?

According to MFP i should be consuming 1300 calories, and i was wondering if there was anyone else out there with open diaries, so that i can see what your meals look like?
Also, i was wondering whether it would be better to lower my weekly weight loss goal, in order to raise my daily calorie recommendation?
Any answers are very much appreciated :smile:

Replies

• SillyC2
    SillyC2 Posts: 275 Member
    Jackie, I started recently and was given 1200. I asked around and was told it WAS basically too low. I lost 3 lbs during the first four days. I'm trying 0.5 a week now.

I'm guessing if you got that little, you're probably not all that big to begin with, so it won't matter too much if you lose slowly. True?

I'm trying to lose 10 lbs that I put on over the course of 4 years, so losing the minimum is fine with me. I just need to stop gaining.
  • I have 1330 calories although I have been eating "some" junk. I plan on cutting that stuff out.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    And you know that that is 1300 without exercise, so if you burn 200 calories a day working out that will put you at 1500 calories.
  • I HAVE ABOUT THAT MUCH DEPENDING UPON MY WORK OUTS IT GOES HIGHER AND I HAVE TO MAKE SURE IM EATING HEALTHY OPTIONS BECAUSE THE EXCESS CALORIES ARE VERY TEMPTING.
  • I have 1650 intake.

It really depends what your will power is like. If 1300 is too hard at the moment, I would suggest upping it by a little bit. Maybe got to 1400/1500.

Eating vegetables is the way to go to making sure you stay at your caloric deficit. They have very few calories and help to make you stay full. Stay away from carbs as they can contain a lot of calories. Eating chicken breast is best or better yet, turkey breast.

But if you are new to this, take it slowly, the first 3 days is the hardest as you do feel hungry.
  • I'm 1,200 calories, & I found it difficult at first - even going slightly over though on a couple of days I lost 6lb in the first 2 weeks. Now I'm doing the 30 day shred which is basically a 20 minute circuit training so that gives me an extra 205 calories a day. One tip, drink lots of water, especially just before you eat, that helps make you feel less hungry! Good luck!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    If you stick with 1300, make sure you are eating back enough exercise calories that you net at LEAST 1200 after accounting for exercise.

If it feels like it's not enough calories for you to stick with that goal...YES, lower your weekly weight loss goal. a plan that's easier to stick with will yield more success.
  • jackie_moo
    jackie_moo Posts: 73 Member
    Thanks to each and every one of you - it was very sound advice. I think i'm going to try to stick with the 1300, up my workouts so that i can eat a bit more and try to make less calorific food choices. If i find i'm still struggling, i'll up it slightly.
    Thanks once again for all your help :drinker:
  • I am at 1300 and I eat 1300 because I don't exercise hardly at all (I know, I know, I really should). Even without exercise, I still lose 2-3lbs a week at 1300, but I also have quite a significant amount of weight left to lose so I'm not too worried about it. Once I get closer to my goal I will definitely up my calories if I'm still losing weight at such a rapid pace. If you exercise, definitely eat your calories back, but make sure that you are accurately counting your calories. Don't go by what the machines at the gym say- they can be off by a ridiculous amount. I thought I was burning 700 calories an hour on the elliptical at my gym, once I got my HRM it turned out I was only burning a little over 300.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Shh, don't shout so early in the morning, you woke me up! Lol

Anyway, I have an open diary op and my limit is set to 1300. I admit to under eatting this week, but you can get an idea from it anyway.
    I HAVE ABOUT THAT MUCH DEPENDING UPON MY WORK OUTS IT GOES HIGHER AND I HAVE TO MAKE SURE IM EATING HEALTHY OPTIONS BECAUSE THE EXCESS CALORIES ARE VERY TEMPTING.
  • SheriM120
    SheriM120 Posts: 9 Member
    My diary is open and my calorie intake is 1333. I lost 53 lbs from march-august, and gained 18 back since then. I got back on track after the 1st of the year and am down 8 lbs so far, I would still like to lose 40 more! I just started the Insanity workout but before then I was just walking 5 or so days a week! On the weekends my meals are a little different because I work 7a-7p! But feel free to look at mine!
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    I let MFP automatically drop my calorie limit every 5kgs or w/e, I'm a 1380, thats quite low for guy, and can be quite difficult to stay under, Ill starve if I was on 1200 calories, I was 150 over today, I found out my lunch took more than I expected, and its been too hot to excercise.
  • I'm on 1200/day. At first it's a little shocking how little it is, but it can be done! The weight is really coming off. Although if you look at my diaries, I always tend to go a bit over.