NSV! My snow pants fit!

Options
LTKeegan
LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
I went skiing in December with only a pair of tights on under my snow pants and the button kept busting open every time I'd squat down to ski or sit on the lift.

Today I went skiing and they fit comfortably, I could even get a few fingers in the waist band to pull up the TWO pairs of long underwear I had on underneath that kept slipping down! I know its a minor victory, but it helps to notice changes in my body when I'm not seeing big changes in the scale!

Replies

• amberflo143
    amberflo143 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    awesome job! I bet it feels wonderful! Keep up the good work!
  • Coaster74
    Options
    Great job. I am right there with you, although my ski pants are able to zip up now, but hoping that they will get baggy, as they are still tight. Way to go! :smile:
  • LTKeegan
    Options
    Great job. I am right there with you, although my ski pants are able to zip up now, but hoping that they will get baggy, as they are still tight. Way to go! :smile:

I was right there hardly even a month ago, they'll be baggy on you in no time!

And thanks for the support guys! It really helps :)
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Awesome,

I have a pair sitting in my closet that I am hoping to fit into by the end of the season.
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    I love this type of NSV!!!!!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!! I can totally relate. My husband and I go on a yearly ski trip every February for his bday. In 2013 we went and I had a pair of XL Columbia ski pants that I wore one pair of light leggings under which did not button, all I could manage was the zipper so the whole day I was terrified my paints were going to fall off but of course since I had so much butt holding them up they didn't budge but I was terribly uncomfortable, not to mention my totally unflattering 2XL parka, and everything was black because for girls in that size that's the only color the stores carry. Well we're in the midst of planning another and I tried on my ski pants and coat. I was swimming in them, I could literally fit both forearms into them while wearing them! And my coat? Yeah, like a tent. So I went this weekend and bought new ones, size L pants (which I can wear jeans underneath if I want) and coat and they're bright red! YAYYYY!!!
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    HAHA!! I did the same thing this winter . MY SNOW PANTS FIT!!!! :D
  • LTKeegan
    Options
    Awesome NSV!! I can totally relate. My husband and I go on a yearly ski trip every February for his bday. In 2013 we went and I had a pair of XL Columbia ski pants that I wore one pair of light leggings under which did not button, all I could manage was the zipper so the whole day I was terrified my paints were going to fall off but of course since I had so much butt holding them up they didn't budge but I was terribly uncomfortable, not to mention my totally unflattering 2XL parka, and everything was black because for girls in that size that's the only color the stores carry. Well we're in the midst of planning another and I tried on my ski pants and coat. I was swimming in them, I could literally fit both forearms into them while wearing them! And my coat? Yeah, like a tent. So I went this weekend and bought new ones, size L pants (which I can wear jeans underneath if I want) and coat and they're bright red! YAYYYY!!!

Thats so awesome!! I'm hoping to go down a size in mine too cause mine are also ugly black (my ski jacket is pretty blue) and I want teal snow pants to match! WAY TO GO!! And so jealous of your sassy colored pants!! ROCK IT!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options

Thats so awesome!! I'm hoping to go down a size in mine too cause mine are also ugly black (my ski jacket is pretty blue) and I want teal snow pants to match! WAY TO GO!! And so jealous of your sassy colored pants!! ROCK IT!

Thanks!
  • pixiesgreene
    pixiesgreene Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ahh I LOVE this one! When I went to the snow in 2012, I had lost a little weight (I've gained most of it back now, oops) and when I pulled my snow pants out, I expected them to fit, but I also expected to have to adjust the little velcro-stretch tabs to be as loose as possible. I had to TIGHTEN them! It was freaking incredible.
  • redfiona99
    redfiona99 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Well done and I hope you're having a fun time skiing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!