Any GREAT workout dvds out there worth buying?! :)

Options
Now that winter has hit here, running outside is not much of an option. I enjoy doing workout videos but get bored pretty easily. I have recently started Zumba classes but have never done the DVDs, are they worth it?

Any suggestions of workout videos that are actually fun and addicting? Any good dance ones with GOOD music? I think I'm going to start the 30 Day Shred, but I would like to mix it up or add another workout on top of it.

Thanks in advance for the ideas!
Jenovia

Replies

• marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well...Im on day 38 of P90X and TOTALLY addicted...not a dancing DVD but SO good!
  • Mcogelia
    Options
    I really like the Zumba DVDS... they are pretty good. It comes with a few different ones so you can switch it up every once and awhile and not get bored. I would recommend it! :)
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Any of Cathe Friedrich's DVD's. 4 new ones came out this week......

She rocks!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I found this one at ROSS the week before Helloween: The Firm Cardio Sculpting - comes w/55 min DVD & 2 2-lb balls. It says guaranteed results in 10 workouts: I did my 9th yesterday AM & have seen changes in my body - shape, firm, tone - that I never thought my body could get! My saddle bags, for the first time in my life :love: are firming and becoming nice curvy hips :love: :love: My arms are toning, my stomach is getting flat (abs are starting to firm and actually show :tongue: ) and my back and legs are looking so awesome!! I'm about to get a couple new ones (order from Amazon.com) as my holiday treat-gift to myself :happy:

I also have & love Scott Cole Discover T'ai Chi for Weightloss & AM/PM Workout: they're great for when I need to calm down, de-stress or if my back is out but I still want to work out; plus a couple Tammilee Webb (she is so down to earth & her workouts are great :happy: ).

Whatever DVD's you choose to get - just remember that the first few times you do them you may not enjoy them: different moves that your body is not used to may make you feel silly or not as coordinated as the people on the DVD: but please give them a chance & if you still feel the same way after the 3 workout then look for something else :flowerforyou:
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    love the 30 day shred. Also love zumba, but i haven't done the dvd's i go to actual classes for now.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire!
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    definately Zumba!! It is the bomb! :smile:
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I have some Biggest Loser dvd's and Slim in 6 which are both great worouts.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I have some Biggest Loser dvd's and Slim in 6 which are both great worouts.

I love Slim in 6, but not much dance in it.
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is the best workout dvd hands down if you are looking for something that is addicting!!! The music is awesome, it has a fun dance element to it, but you don't have to have ANY dancing skills whatsoever to do it.. I have 2 left feet.. if i can do it, anyone can!
  • JRenee133
    JRenee133 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I think I might have to try one new video at a time. Zumba for sure, Turbo Jam, etc. etc. It can't hurt to have lots of options, right? :) I was even tempted to bust out my old Tae-Bo VHS tapes today, that's how bored I am! Hehehe!

Jenovia