First time using internet for tracking my progress

Options
Hello,
I used to have a notebook to track everything. Recently, my daughter convinced me to try this online route for tracking my fitness goals, food, exercise, and etc. intake. I Love It. :love: It's fast, easy to use, and calculates everything for me - easy peasy. I also have an online 'family' I can turn to for encouragement, tips, and help which is awesome. I'm finally not alone in this! Yay! :smile: I'm new, but already feel I can actually stick to my goals of making some positive life changes. It won't be overnight, I realize, but slow and steady wins the race.
Any and all tips for helping me to stay on track each day and each week are very welcome, and I certainly will help you where I can.

My first concern: Any tips for someone who cannot workout at a gym, using exercises that are not physically jarring, and who has a moderately busy to busy schedule? What types of exercise regimens are suggested for easing into a daily routine?

Thank you much. :smile:

Replies

• nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    It's great isn't it?

For exercise, I workout at home. I have a couple of Jillian Michael videos that I do, I do some Wii Fit, I will use the sworkit app on my phone to create a circuit. When the weather's nicer, I'll go for hikes, ride my bike, etc. For me, I have to work out in the morning. I know that if I schedule working out after work, or after hte kids go to bed, it just won't happen. I'll find some excuse, or I'll sit on the couch "for 5 minutes.".
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding a way that you can be successful with logging!

Walking and bicycling are both low impact. There are probably several low impact workout DVD's on the market as well. You can buy some free weights at a sporting goods store if you want to do some lifting. Yoga is another option, or sign up for a Zumba class.

As far as the busyness of your schedule, you'll have to schedule time for exercise or you probably won't do it.
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's a fantastic way to keep track of things, and using it last year I stayed true to my goals. Without it, I think I would have ended up where I always do. I think the biggest thing is to stay true to your calorie counting and eating well. Even at home yoga, at home workout program, walking once a day, will help you get your activity in, but most of the weight loss comes from the kitchen and sticking to your calories. :) I love Beachbody products personally, Turbo Fire and Insanity, that I do at home, but before then I would just walk the dog or do the exercises that are on demand through my cable provider. I'm a fairly busy person as well, I really had to stare at my schedule and find out where I could get those 30 +/- minutes in because if I came home and got too comfy, I wouldn't get back up.. lol... If you're a morning person, giving yourself extra time in the morning to get some good yoga or exercise in may be a very welcome added part of your routine!!! Good luck! Feel free to add me for support :)
  • AJOjr
    AJOjr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Walking outside is always good, if it is not too cold out. There are videos on Netfix that you could try if you have that or just on Youtube. Zumba is fun also yoga or you can just find some low impact aerobic workouts. There are lots of options and if you don't like a video you can move on without worrying about the money you put in.
  • JewelryArtist1571
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone for all of your input and great advice. I will definitely use a lot of the tips like early morning to exercise, walking, and check out which at-home routines will be best for me. I'm totally encouraged by all the great suggestions. :smile:
  • JewelryArtist1571
    Options
    Hey, Netflix! Duh. I didn't think of That avenue, but will definitely go that route as a starting point. Thanks, AJOjr!