recommendations on heart rate monitors

Options
hello!

im interested in purshasing a HRM for use mainly on the cross trainer, dancing and walking.

can anyone reccomend an accurate one for calorie counting?

thankyou xxx

Replies

• EryanCathleen
    EryanCathleen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been comparing a few as I am also looking to purchase one, I like the Suunto M4 but I haven't been able to find too many reviews....A friend has the Suunto M5 and she likes it...
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for one myself, and going through the reviews by the MFP community, I see that many use the Polar HRMs - particulary the FT4 and the price is reasonable. I haven't made up my mind up yet, though.
  • Tabitha_Faye
    Options
    I'm looking for one myself, and going through the reviews by the MFP community, I see that many use the Polar HRMs - particulary the FT4 and the price is reasonable. I haven't made up my mind up yet, though.

I own a Polar FT4 and I LOVE IT. Definitely worth it! :)
  • FitspoEm
    FitspoEm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    just research the FT4 it looks amazing!!
  • LydiaShackelford
    LydiaShackelford Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 is the best!
  • paddydaddyo
    paddydaddyo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've had my Polar now for 10 years and it is still going strong. Not sure about the latest offerings, obviously … but if they are still this good? Buy.
  • Sabby888
    Sabby888 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4!!!!! Love it . And v accurate
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    so glad I checked this thread. a lot of my running friends have polar hmr's, and now I want an ft4. ...I think I'm worth $60 at the walmart. ;)

thanks, everyone!

(edited "ladies" to "everyone.")
  • FitspoEm
    Options
    looking on ebay some people are selling theres undder £70 like it is on argos! might be my lucky day :)
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4F was definitely a great investment on my part. $90 ish at a sporting goods store, but I'm sure you can find it cheaper than that. I highly recommend it!
  • 319Sara
    319Sara Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Got my Polar FT4F in pink last October.
    Use the watch every day.
    Put the strap on for exercise sessions six days a week, including in the pool. [Don't push buttons while under water, they say.]
    It saves the last ten training sessions' data, which is length of time of session, calories burned, average and highest HR, and total time "in the zone" [you pick the zone].
    That's plenty of data for me!
    Cost through Amazon.com was about $40, as I recall. Sure worth it just to see I'm not kidding myself I'm working harder than I really am.
    71 year-old woman reporting.
  • FitspoEm
    Options
    Got my Polar FT4F in pink last October.
    Use the watch every day.
    Put the strap on for exercise sessions six days a week, including in the pool. [Don't push buttons while under water, they say.]
    It saves the last ten training sessions' data, which is length of time of session, calories burned, average and highest HR, and total time "in the zone" [you pick the zone].
    That's plenty of data for me!
    Cost through Amazon.com was about $40, as I recall. Sure worth it just to see I'm not kidding myself I'm working harder than I really am.
    71 year-old woman reporting.

great review thankyou :D i am currently watching some on ebay