weight loss is impossible for me :(

okay so I'm new to MFP and only really came on here for support.

I've been dieting more or less none stop since i was 12 yet still struggle to find a regime that suits me.
The combination of meds I was on until recently caused me to gain 3 stones and I'm finding it impossible to lose.
I've counted every calorie that has passed my lips in the past month and it's never more than 1200 plus i do 15+ hours of intense exercise a week yet my weight still continues to rise.

The doctor keeps saying I need to lose weight due to an unhealthy BMI and my body image is the lowest it's ever been. I don't know what to do.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    That sounds really frustrating. Have you and your doctor checked to make sure there aren't any underlying conditions that could be causing your problems?

Would you be comfortable opening your diary for us to take a look?

How much weight have to gained since starting this diet? Was it a quick increase or a little over a period of several weeks? With such an intense exercise routine I wouldn't be surprised if you're holding onto a lot of extra muscle to help cushion and repair your muscles. This can mask whatever fat loss is happening, but it should go away after a few weeks as your body gets used to the routine.

Additionally, are you weighing your food? Using measuring cups? Eyeballing portion sizes? It helps to know how precise you're being so that we can rule out any inaccuracies.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I've counted every calorie that has passed my lips in the past month and it's never more than 1200 plus i do 15+ hours of intense exercise a week yet my weight still continues to rise.

My first suggestion would be to stop doing this ^^ You are going to seriously mess up your body eating so little and exercising so much.

Ask your doctor to refer you to a dietician so that you can lean how to eat properly. You need a balanced diet that contains enough calories to fuel your activity level.

Since you are seeing a physician, I assume you've had tests to rule out thyroid or other hormonal problems that might inhibit weight loss.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    For starters, what's your basics like height and weight.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    well you need to open your diary and need to give us a few more facts. I'm not sure what you weigh, what your body fat % and muscle mass % is and such. your story lacks all the facts necessary to give any constructive ideas. also, you mention medications and such but without insight into what these are and what they are expecting to be treating, it's hard to suggest much.