Smoke free 2 years

Options
Yesterday marked the 2 year anniversary of the day I quit my disgusting smoking habit.

Now that I have reached this milestone I am ready to revamp my food intake. I have

restrictions since my gallbladder is gone. I can't process raw vegetables and fruit well.

Nuts are really bad(all the good stuff) but I can work around this. The main thing is to try

to increase my calorie deficit. Unfortunately my sciatica is again acting up. I turned

quickly yesterday and felt a sharp pain in my hip and was up all night in pain radiating

down my left(bad) leg. I have decided to just walk as much as I can and use the hand

weights and worry more about my diet, I am going to try adding soup and eliminating

half my bread intake. I am going to add more vegys and fruit even if they are canned or

frozen and see how I do. Please let me gently know if you have any suggestions on

working around my diet limitations to get the best nutrients! Thank you again for

supporting me and not letting the darn like button keep you from providing feedback!

Replies

• ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting smoking. It's a huge HUGE HUGE step towards being healthy. I smoked from age 14-24 and quit seven years ago. It's tough but I'm so glad I did it.

You may want to talk to your doctor about recommended workouts for your current situation. Maybe some water aerobics?

Good luck.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I quit two years ago as well (August of last summer was 2 years). I put on a LOT of weight from it, but if I can shake it off, I promised myself I would never smoke again!
  • russellvolk
    russellvolk Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being a "quitter" for 2 years. That's quite an accomplishment. Today is 6 months for me, so I know how it feels to finally being smoke-free. I smoked a pack a day for 20 years. I had a hard time breathing, walking, running, moving, etc. In the past 6 months, I started to feel a huge difference. I'm working out now... doing Power 90, eating much healthier and finally started to take care of myself. Being healthy is a combination of different things. Quitting smoking is a very big part of it. I've cut out all junk food, soda, pasta, bread, sweets, fried foods, creamy sauces, etc. I'm eating as healthy as possible now and I feel a huge difference. Quitting smoking is the single best thing you can possibly do for yourself.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I am considering water aeorobics now that my hair is natural again and won't turn green!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Yesterday marked the 2 year anniversary of the day I quit my disgusting smoking habit.
    WAY TO GO! :drinker:

My 2 year 'smokiversary' will be two days from today :happy:
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    ive just done a month smoke free, and have also managed to loose a stone, i had heard so many bad stories about putting on loads of weight when stopping i just bit the bullet and did both.
    I love water aerobic, but havent made it to a class for a long time, in training for my first 5k and do kickboxing and karate with the kids.
  • Magserdo
    Magserdo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! I quit on new years day. Im 26 days in! I gotta say, Ive been more productive since I quit. I feel so much better. Congrats on YOUR strong work :)
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Great work on quitting smoking! Huge hurdle cleared!

How are you with dairy? I love Greek yogurt!
    Oatmeal?
    Brown rice?
    I love stir fry with lots of veggies in it!

If you drink soda, stop...it is a waste of calories. Lots of water!

Good luck!
  • LouLouLemons
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Wishing you continued health and happiness!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!