Trying to get restarted.

Options
Life has its ways of going up and down. I was just getting over the holiday blues and back on track. In a 2 week span I had took of the 6-7 pounds I added in December. Feeling good and back on the right track life hit me harder then I have been hit before. Ten days ago I lost the one person I looked up the most to. In a moments notice my Father has gone home. Very unexpected and deeply hurt. I have put on around ten pounds in this short time, losing track of what I was eating. I need to get back to basics and get on track. Right now my motivation level is low even though in my mind I know I need to get started. Just got to look ahead and take it one day at a time. I know I can do this and it was not hard while I had control.

Replies

• lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss. I too have lost my father. Its a hard thing and I understand where you are at. I too have gotten off track recently with life and looking to take off the 15lbs I have gained the last few months. Feel free to add me :)
  • Jillgraper
    Options
    Shep, I am so sorry for your loss. I know that during times of extreme stress and duress, you might not be aware of what you're eating - or you may eat for "fuel" when you have a few moments to grab something. If possible to just get back on track to log your entries, I think that might give you back a sense of control. Know that your father loved you and would want you to look out for yourself. Just as they say on an airplane, put on your own (oxygen) mask first, before assisting others.

Good luck to you and my heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss!

It sounds like you're ready to recommit to exercise and nutrition, which is awesome. I agree that fueling your body with the right foods is key. Have you ever tried meal planning? For me, this helps tremendously with staying on target with my nutrition. It takes the guess work out of what I'm going to eat each day. I also do this with my workouts. I ALWAYS have them scheduled in on my phone and missing one is simply not an option.

I'm happy to help with sending you recipes and helping you set up a meal planning system if you aren't sure where to start. Feel free to add me if I can help.

Best of luck in your journey :smile:

Wendy
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss but sending you kind thoughts on the positive change you are wanting for yourself. You have acknowledged what you need and what you want. I commend you on coming forward before getting too much farther into the dip. You will persevere! :flowerforyou: