Adjust My Goal?

Options
I've been using MFP for a few months. I'd set a goal of 75lbs at first. I've lost over 50lbs already. I'm starting to think I might be able to shoot for 100lbs. Scale is looking good--pants are falling off--wedding ring flys off my finger--shirts are tents--I've gone from second to last notch on my belt in one direction to last notch in the other.

D6322E4E-F2C3-451D-B200-04B2A2ECFE5D_zps1xmbqwlw.jpg]

Replies

• FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    To really know what your goal should be, would need to know your height (weight would help too) for a ballpark. To be even more accurate, if you provide your current body fat % & weight, that could also work. And let us know if you have a goal body fat percentage. You can look at this photos to see what appeals to you, but I've found that if you like the 20% photo, then you probably need to be at 15%. Scroll down to see the men's chart at the link below...

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/
  • andriotis77
    andriotis77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    "Calculations" say I should be around 175-180. I've nver thought that was very realistic for my body type. I was shotting for 225--for me that's a 100lb loss. I'm already smaller than I was when I got married 12 years ago. I'm thinking let me see if I can get to that 225 mark, then we'll talk about 175! ;-)
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Looking fantastic!!!! That is some work definitely paying off for sure!!!!

To be honest, I would wait until you get to the 75lb mark to reassess yourself. Otherwise, the journey will only seem to drag on longer. Enjoy the day when you reach your original goal weight, celebrate your accomplishment, then work on other stuff from there. Many people shoot for lower once they get to that point so it's no big deal to push even further, you just wouldn't want to put too much pressure on yourself if you're unsure.

Have a great day, man! Doing awesome!
  • FP4HSharon
    Options
    When you say "calculations"...do you mean BMI recommendations? Because the more muscular you are, the less accurate BMI is. BMI is just an average calculation for the body fat percentage of the average person, based only on height & weight.
  • andriotis77
    andriotis77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think it's just basic BMI--takes height and age basically says "this is how much a 36 year old guy should weigh" So very broad I would think--part of why I've chosen not to live or die by that number.
  • FP4HSharon
    Options
    BMI is just based on height & weight, doesn't matter what your age or gender is. You can look at this chart, which will show you a little better than a calculator, what weight they consider healthy for different heights. If you click on the chart at this link, it'll enlarge it to make it easier to read.

http://mediconweb.com/health-wellness/bmi-chartweight-chartweight-and-height-chart/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!