Looking for Positive Friends for the Journey

Options
Hello! I would love to connect with some of you so we can help motivate and encourage each other in our journey to being healthier. I am a mother of 4 kids who works full time with our local high schools. Life is chaotic, but I know I need to make my health a priority. I am committing to using MFP to help me stay on track and reach my goals.

Are you in?

Let's help each other out!

:-) Betsy

Replies

• NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    Hey Betsy!

I started my journey in March 2013. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 8 years ago and was determined to take my life back. I cleaned up my nutrition (I'm vegan now) and started working out daily. It was tough at first (I could barely make it up a flight of stairs when I started), but with determination and hard work, things changed COMPLETELY. I've completed 3 fitness programs and am in week 3 of P90X3 now. I've lost over 30 pounds, but more importantly I haven't had a single symptom since I started - so I'm almost a year symptom-free. Committing to your health and fitness is so important! I will never stop and I'd love to connect and keep each other going.

:smile: Wendy
  • MarjeanWillis
    MarjeanWillis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I, too am needing someone to help keep me motivated!! I am 64 years old and have been retired for (2) years. Loving retirement, but it was so much easier to keep the weight off when I was working!! My husband and I had been walking at least an hour every morning until last Sept. when I broke my ankle. Really got side tracked then! Anyway, my chlosterol is up and so is my sugar--and my weight. This is the first time I have ever posted. Thought I could go it alone - but I need some help. If Wendy can do it after being diagnosed with fribromyalgia that is wonderful encouragement!! I know it is important to start exercising slowly and work up to it. I know when I blast off I get sore, tired and discouraged!!!

Keep up the good work!!
    Marjean
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    Hello! I, too am needing someone to help keep me motivated!! I am 64 years old and have been retired for (2) years. Loving retirement, but it was so much easier to keep the weight off when I was working!! My husband and I had been walking at least an hour every morning until last Sept. when I broke my ankle. Really got side tracked then! Anyway, my chlosterol is up and so is my sugar--and my weight. This is the first time I have ever posted. Thought I could go it alone - but I need some help. If Wendy can do it after being diagnosed with fribromyalgia that is wonderful encouragement!! I know it is important to start exercising slowly and work up to it. I know when I blast off I get sore, tired and discouraged!!!

Keep up the good work!!
    Marjean

Marjean - You CAN do it. We all have obstacles, but your attitude is going to get you there. And I'll be here cheering you on! Looking forward to future posts about your progress :smile:

My attitude has always been to do a little more each day. You can do it!

Wendy
  • Rebel867564
    Options
    also looking for support, add me if you want! :)
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    <--- obsessive logger / offensive poster. Feel free to send a FR if that works for you.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, friends who support, motivate and encourage eachother are what makes this process much easier...just remember we all fail we all have good days and bad but what matters is that we get up and try again!

~Charlie
  • sarahb2023
    Options
    also looking for support, Ive been on the site for years but never added people because I just wanted to have an idea of what I was eating but now Im getting serious!
  • BQJohns
    BQJohns Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 50+ and joined MFP in September 2013. Please feel free to add me as I am in need of positive support as well and will provide the same encouragement and support.:)
  • jeskuhsmeekers
    jeskuhsmeekers Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am also a mother of 3 little
  • jeskuhsmeekers
    jeskuhsmeekers Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    little ones and know how hard it is to find time for yourself.. feel free to add me i log on multiple times a day and love supporting people on the same journey as myself!!!
  • Shiny79
    Shiny79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Betsy! I am also a mother of 4 and need as much motivation as I can get as well. :) Hard to find time for yourself with little ones running around. :)
  • neilsonnata
    Options
    Hello all! I love the positivity in this forum. Betsy -- feel free to add. We're going places!
  • LULUREBEL
    LULUREBEL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm the mother of two little ones and also work full-time. Being healthy is a priority of mine and I know how challenging it is with such a busy life! We can make this happen. :)
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've used MFP several times in the past, but I've never connected with others till this time around. I'm trying to make some lasting changes and would love to support and be supported by more postive people.
  • raffaellaserra
    raffaellaserra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can count me in. You can never have too much positive support
  • jojo93d
    Options
    hey! looking for positive and supportive friends, too!
  • pmsinglikeaboss
    pmsinglikeaboss Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Feel free to add me :)
  • ShelleyTurgeon
    ShelleyTurgeon Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Anyone here is free to add me, I am here daily and for the most part all day long! I've been a religious logger for 61 days and am still going strong. I find motivating others helps me stay motivated! So add me I'd love to be a support!
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'm in your shoes too. I'm the full time step mom to 2 girls and work full time. Its hard to find time for ourselves but its a must. Add me if you'd like.