Easy snack ideas or products to buy

Options
Hey all, I find I need some snacks in the afternoon to tide me over to Dinner, what are some easy to buy or prep ideas? Looking for 100 calories

Replies

• ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt

also,

I keep a can of altoids handy. The peppermint can trick my hunger signals for a good while.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    These are what I snack on:

popcorn ( there are small packets that are 100 calories each), small apples, small oranges, cheese sticks, small bananas - all these are less than 100 calories. Skinny cow ice cream bars most are approx 100 cal each. there is a skinny cow fudgicle for less than 100 calories each.
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I like rice cakes with guacamole, salsa or hummus. I also have fruit or nuts.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    A lot of my snacks have Kashi on it. Their granola bars are the best IMHO...plus they have a lot of protein to help you keep that full feeling. Pumpkin spice are my favorites.
  • jamiecarol84
    Options
    I like special K cereal bars and they are 90 calories each.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Cottage cheese
    Protein bars
  • tospaa
    tospaa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My favourite snack is roasted white chickpeas. They are delicious, low calorie (less than 100 for 25g), and full of fiber to keep you full. The only downside is that they are really hard to find where I live (UK), so I try to stock them up whenever I can. You might find some online though. They last a while, too.
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My new favorite thing is snack packs of baby carrots with individual guacamole dip containers. I also enjoy things dipped in hummus - veggies mostly.
    Hard boiled eggs are also awesome.
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My favourite snack is roasted white chickpeas. They are delicious, low calorie (less than 100 for 25g), and full of fiber to keep you full. The only downside is that they are really hard to find where I live (UK), so I try to stock them up whenever I can. You might find some online though. They last a while, too.

I second this suggestion. Roasted chickpeas are probably the perfect "snack" food. They're pretty easy to make at home...or so says the internets... http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/10/exactly-how-i-roast-my-chickpeas/
  • kooner2014
    kooner2014 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks for the ideas all.
  • DodgeRider509
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Grapes
    Baby carrots
    Once in awhile some Jello
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    A tbsp of nut nutter will usually do it for me. Cottage cheese is a good one, too. Unless you want portable ... then I'd grab a couple of bites of sharp cheddar or some other strong-tasting cheese.

Personally, I avoid carb-y snacks because I never feel like I ate anything - which means I might as well have gone hungry and saved the calories.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    low fat string cheese
  • lessofless
    lessofless Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My favourite snacks both require a little bit (teeny tiny) of prep but are so worth it.

1. Kale chips. Throw a bit of oil and spices on them and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes. So so good. Especially if you are looking for a crunch.

2. Banana Ice-Cream. Mash bananas and freeze. You can flavour them however you want. I like to add other fruits like raspberries, or a scoop of peanut butter and hot chocolate mix.

Both snack end up being just over 100 calories depending on size and ingredients.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I buy shelled edamame that's frozen. Heat it according to instructions, then dole out into individual servings and throw in the fridge to grab quickly. They're really good cold, so no need to reheat. Half a cup is 120 calories.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Make up a veggie dip with greek yogurt in place of the sour cream and dip in veggies. Very thinly sliced sharp cheddar cheese on some Triscuits. An egg on toast is also possible depending on size. Or an egg white veggie scramble.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Handful of baby carrots and a light string cheese. Popcorn chips and salsa. 10 almonds and some celery. An ounce of turkey jerky and a few Wheat Thins. Two ounces of deli turkey and a tomato. A hard-boiled egg and some radishes.
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I use fruit, cheese, single granola bars, sometimes the 100 cal puddings, turkey jerky, fresh cut up veggies. This week I picked Grape fruit, Cuties oranges, tomato's.
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese
    nuts
    fruits
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have either: strawberry yogurt, tangerines, carrots with hummus or oats so simple cereal bars