Mental Weight Loss Barriers

Options
I'm 10 lbs to goal weight. I can't get below this point and I know why, I'm not logging everything like I used to and I'm letting myself have more splurge days then I used to. I spent this weekend asking myself why can't get past this weight, I know it's a mental thing, "losing my mojo". So what's holding me back from being the person I deserve to be? Until I can figure it out I keep repeating this mantra...I am worth this! I deserve to reach goal weight!! I will not succumb to the abusive relationship I have with food!!!
Let me know if anyone else had "mental blocks" that stopped them from losing and how or if you got past it.

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty weighted issue but one I've been through. It really is more of a personal thing, though. I would ask first that when you think about being at your goal - what goes through your mind? What's different in your life? What's the worst thing that could happen? What's the best? If something is holding you back it may very well hide inside the answer to how is life going to be different when you're at goal?

Feel free to friend me if you'd like!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    If you only have 10 pounds to get to your goal weight, I have to wonder what you think will happen when you reach that goal? I know it's science and it's all calories-in-calories-out, but I think it's every bit as much of a mental battle as it is a physical one.

For me it's about change and stepping out of my comfort zone. Change is hard - even if it's a change for the better.

Congrats on getting close to your goal!
  • lynleeg88
    lynleeg88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 lbs to goal weight. I can't get below this point and I know why, I'm not logging everything like I used to and I'm letting myself have more splurge days then I used to. I spent this weekend asking myself why can't get past this weight, I know it's a mental thing, "losing my mojo". So what's holding me back from being the person I deserve to be? Until I can figure it out I keep repeating this mantra...I am worth this! I deserve to reach goal weight!! I will not succumb to the abusive relationship I have with food!!!
    Let me know if anyone else had "mental blocks" that stopped them from losing and how or if you got past it.

I heard it once said, the last ten pounds are vanity pounds. And the hardest to lose. Don't be discouraged. Keep up the healthy eating and exercise and be patient.

You'll still be doing everything right for your body. You may even tone more! and it may take time, but it will come off!