12 minute diet - started today

Options
Hi all,

I,m Julia - I have around 60 lbs to lose. I have yo yo dieted most of my adult life My buddy suggested the 12 minute diet so I'm going for it - I have listened to the subliminal recording for 5 nights now - seemed a bit weird to start but I have to say I am quite enjoying it - it's relaxing. I am starting to feel full and have cut my portions but so far I don't have too many cravings.

Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted

Julia

Replies

• Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Well that's it...I'm inventing the 10 minute diet and only charging 20.99
  • jcorpern
    jcorpern Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 minute diet. Three times a day you can eat, but only whatever you can eat for 5 minutes :laugh:
  • PamelaLavender
    PamelaLavender Posts: 63 Member
    Options

We'll if you would have said 10.99 I would have bought it.... :noway:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Here is the lifetime diet. Download $0.00
    1. Eat all the foods you love at a reasonable and sustainable calorie deficit.
    2. Optionally, exercise for fitness and lift weights to retain lean muscle mass.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I like to enhance my 12 minute diet with the 8 minute abs DVD......20 minutes and I'm beach ready :wink:
  • KrysBlaze
    KrysBlaze Posts: 196 Member
    Options

--But wait! There's more! :laugh:
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options

--But wait! There's more! :laugh:

Do you get TWO 10 minute diets for $10.99???? I'm so in if there's a free gift!
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Very sneaky. Not even putting links in the obvious advert. :laugh:
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Hi Julia,

I've never heard of this...subliminal tape that keeps you from feeling hungry? Hunh, how 'bout that... If it's making you feel relaxed that's cool.

I'd advise you also logging what you eat so you can track your calories. That'll be a big help to you. You'll learn how to manage your eating and weight in a healthy and sustainable way. The tape is cool, but please use MFP along with it. Because I know MFP can work wonders for you.

The bad jokes can resume now.

^ This.

I tried googling the 12 minute diet to find more info (I'm curious like that), and I didn't find anything exactly called that. Is it the 12 minute athlete? Or the 12 minute stop binging thing? Jus wondering
  • 12juliawright12
    Options
    wow - I thought this might be a supportive site - but you guys don't take any prisoners !!!!!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I,m Julia - I have around 60 lbs to lose. I have yo yo dieted most of my adult life My buddy suggested the 12 minute diet so I'm going for it - I have listened to the subliminal recording for 5 nights now - seemed a bit weird to start but I have to say I am quite enjoying it - it's relaxing. I am starting to feel full and have cut my portions but so far I don't have too many cravings.

Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted

Julia

Hi Julia

As long as this "12 minute diet" helps you create a healthy, reasonable, and sane calorie deficit, congrats, you'll lose weight. Just make sure that in the process, you learn how to control your portions for life, because otherwise, you'll just yo-yo again. I'm not trying to be the bearer of bad news, just wanted to make sure you take the time to learn how to eat in a sustainable way for the rest of your life while listening to whatever it is this thing entails.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    wow - I thought this might be a supportive site - but you guys don't take any prisoners !!!!!
    You mentioned that you've yoyo dieted before, so you are trying a new diet. Most people feel like "diets" don't work (as evidenced by the THOUSANDS of people who have yoyo dieted for years or all their lives). We are proponents of sustainable changes that you can make to last a life time.

Users on the forum also are very against things that likely don't work but cost you money. Learning to eat within your calorie budget is free and how MFP is designed to work.

Good luck with your weight loss.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options

*twitch*

NO! You can't have the 10 minute diet. That's just stupid.
  • goingtodoitin14
    Options
    Good Luck!!
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Crumpet_Girl Posts: 276 Member
    Options

This is true but I think you will find when you read around a bit that most are really "well meaning" people that are sick to death of every new fad diet that comes along and sucks people in only to spit them out a few weeks later, and more often than not eventually leads to them gaining more weight.

This site is great if your ready to learn about calories deficits, hear different perspectives on weight loss and make some friends on the same journey.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

This is true but I think you will find when you read around a bit that most are really "well meaning" people that are sick to death of every new fad diet that comes along and sucks people in only to spit them out a few weeks later, and more often than not eventually leads to them gaining more weight.

This site is great if your ready to learn about calories deficits, hear different perspectives on weight loss and make some friends on the same journey.

I vote for this one :flowerforyou:
  • 12juliawright12
    Options
    thanks for the positive comments - and for the jokers - well... sarcasm is the lowest form of wit !!!!

I was going to ask about fitness - I have lots to lose so am kind of limited - I hate the gym - find it hard to get motivated - I prefer team sports where I'm not constantly having to gee myself to keep going. Any suggestions? What has really worked for everyone else?

thanks

Julia
  • jellis2014
    Options
    I try to sneak in my exercise. Park farther away at work, stores, etc. Take the stairs instead of elevators, escalators, and ramps. I like to dance too so Zumba or dance aerobics has been fun. The best advice I ever got for exercising is to find something you enjoy doing and do it more often.