Les Mills Bodycombat + dieting?

Options
Just a simple question? Anyone who's doing the Les Mills programs, such as Bodypump and Bodycombat? If so, how often and how's your eating? Are you seeing results by doing only those programs or are you doing a lot of other workouts as well? I've been doing them both once a week for a couple of months, in a group at a gym. I LOVE them both, and on the other days I'm doing a bunch of other workouts. I eat clean and drink lots of water, yet I don't seem to lose fat. But well, that wasn't the thing here. Just wondering if anyone is getting great results by including the programs in your schedule?

Replies

• alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I do both of those, in addition to other kinds of exercise.

It's really just a matter of calories in/calories out. If you're doing a lot of exercise and not losing weight, you must be eating too much. One can eat too much "clean" food, there's nothing magically calorie-free about it.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I haven't done them in the gyms but the home workout versions with great results but none moreso than a friend of mine who did Combat last year and lost 40 lbs in two months - he also followed the nutrition plan! :)

Feel free to friend me if you'd like! :)
  • missie_515513
    missie_515513 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I do Body Combat twice a week, Body Pump once a week and Body Balance once a week - I also go spinning and work out in the gym. In total I go 5 days per week. Since the 1st November I have been watching what I eat and I have lost 14lbs in total. On MFP I have 1450 calories per day - I try and eat healthy but If I want a treat I will work it into my allowance. For me diet is the most important thing as I have been going gym for years and the weight has steadily crept on.

For me I love body combat and make sure I go every week - if you find exercise you like it is never a chore!!!! Hopefully you will find what works for you!!
  • golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I go to Pump, Combat, and Attack at my gym at least 4 days a week. I love allll of them so much! I'm eating 1650 and I eat back about 80% of my exercise calories. I wear my HRM to accurately track my burns. Add me if you'd like! :)
  • KatC_88
    KatC_88 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I do LEs Mills Body attack, pump and RPM(spin) and I have lost 71 lbs total. But I had to find the right calorie intake for me. Usually 1300 cals and I lose the most. You have to fuel your body accordingly to your workouts. I also wear a polar and track my burns to be more accountable. I as well eat some of my calories back. I don't want to starve my body...
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I do it all :)

and then some..

I eat between 1600-2000 and I started out under 1000 per day..

If you're not losing you are not eating correctly.

I wear a body bugg and routinely get a readout of 3000+ calories burned per day..

Too little and I'm too exhausted to exercise, too much and I feel bloated, gross and i don't lose anything.

Increase protein especially on workout days too.. works great for me. :) I end up at 40/40/20 most days.. although my aim is 30/40/30 (carbs/protein/fat)
  • suejersey
    suejersey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do both. And I have seen definite improvement in my cardio, as well as definition in my arms, shoulders, quads, and added strength. I have been doing it for about six months I would say. I do each class once a week, with CXWORX/weight training one day and yogalates another day.I eat about 80 percent per week clean - about 1,200 calories a day - eating back some of my combat calories when necessary :)
  • snufs
    snufs Posts: 78
    Options
    Yay, thank you all so much for responding! It's so much more fun when you notice that other share the same passion as you do yourself. I also have a newly bought HRM and I love it, it's so great to see exactly how many calories you burn during the workout! On combat I usually burn around 700 calories - that's absolutely crazy to me! It feel good, though. Hehe .. As I said, thank you for sharing how you do it!
  • JBergman13
    JBergman13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do Body Pump twice a week and Body Combat 3 times a week, I have been eating healthy/clean as well and have not been losing much at all also.
  • killerbunneh4
    Options
    Yeah BodyPump! No diet changes, and my pants are noticeably looser than they were a month or two ago. My kind of regimen.