My workout. What's yours?

Options
So I jogged 10 miles yesterday and am at 5 so far today. I love cardio. I just can't get into and maintain the circuit training at this point. Maybe once I lose my extra weight and cardio isn't enough but for now I am loving this.

What are you guys doing to lose today? :)

Replies

• hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I hate cardio. Loathe it.

I am doing Stronglifts 5x5! I have never found a workout that was so much fun and so simple before!
  • oBuckethead
    oBuckethead Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Monday - Run 5k to 10k
    Tuesday - Rock climbing for a couple hours
    Wednesday - Indoor Beach Volleyball usually for 1 to 2 hours
    Thursday - Rock climbing for a couple hours
    Friday - Run 5k to 10k and weight training
    Saturday - Usually hiking around 10 miles
    Sunday - off day
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Just starting out again with exercise. I need variety, though. Last week I did 2 days of JM videos, one boot camp class, two days of swimming, and one day of running with stops to do mini-circuits.
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I hate cardio. Loathe it.

I am doing Stronglifts 5x5! I have never found a workout that was so much fun and so simple before!

this.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Tennis is my main source of exercise. I also walk/jog, do dvd's, elliptical, treadmill, bike, and some weights. I need to do more strength.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Barre
    Bodyweight strength
    Walking
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Swim everyday (I try at least)

Monday: Gym and starting Karate tonight
    Tuesday: Gym and Masters Swim (starting Tuesday previously I was just swimming)
    Wednesday: Gym again - Karate (as long as I like it)
    Thursday: Tai Chi then maybe Gym and/or pool
    Friday: Gym or not
    Weekends are hit and miss on the gym and pool, but I go walking, skiing or skating. In the summer I am going to start biking some more, but I also hike in the summer.

I give gym time everyday of the week, but I only do whole body strength training 2-3 times a week with HITT, other days its just cardio (running or conditioning) or just the pool. I don't beat myself up if I miss a day at the gym since I will just go the next day.

Starting February to save money I will be doing workouts at home or I may go to a friends house since he has a bench.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My workouts are not so scheduled. I hate running and treadmill and elliptical, but I LOVE Zumba and kickbox and dancing and well anything with music :)

I also lift.

Each day depends on my mood. However, there is a class schedule at the gym I try to follow, but work and mood change things all the time:

Saturday - 9:30am Kickbox or 11:30am Zumba
    Sunday - 9:30am Zumba and then a 10:30am total body class
    Monday - rest (yoga stretching or nothing)
    Tuesday - Lifting, my own routine or a trainer
    Wednesday - 7:30pm Kickbox
    Thursday - My favorite class was moved to 6pm, I will never make it. there is a 7pm total body too, probably can't make that either, hmmm
    Friday - Lifting

Those are my plans, but often end up not at gym and doing home workout. I have Yoga mat, blocks, strap, a fitness ball, 15, 12, 8 and 5 lb weights. Ankle weights that go up to 20lb. so I can really workout at home easily :)

If it is summer, the pool replaces a lot of my workouts or adds to it :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I change my workout pretty often because I get bored doing the same thing. Right now I'm doing Zumba and ChaLEAN Extreme on alternating days as my main workout (with a rest day or two each week).

I also do mini-workouts during the day to keep from sitting too much. These are 10-15 min long and can be anything (pushups, planks, aerobics, baby kettlebell, resistance band, squats, lunges, dips, bridges, etc.)

And when the weather is nice enough, which is rare this time of year, I hike.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Today I will do some cardio ( a you tube video or zumba) and do some circuit training thrown in there too. Tomorrow is crossfit day!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! I do crossfit twice a week and strength train a few other days. I add in the cardio just to shake it up some.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Last weeks workout went like this
    Monday 20 min on stationary bike 60 min on treadmill some weights for arms
    Tuesday Same as Monday but some more weights
    Wed 20 min bike and 30 min treadmill no weights
    Thursday took break
    Friday took break
    Saturday took a hike in the woods for about 2 1/2 hours not a fast pace not even a moderate pace to limit sweating but hiking was tough especially when I got in to the waist deep snow only about 4.5 mile hike.
    Sunday off because my body was hurting from the hike.

My goal is for 3 days a week of 60 minutes of cardio.
  • rexiecatmeow
    rexiecatmeow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I warm up for 10-15 mins using some type of cardio and then I spent the rest of my time working out lifting my (insert muscle group) until I'm fatigued and can't lift no more. Today will be shoulders, kill all the shoulders rawrrrrrrrrr lol.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    3 days a week I do strength training and C25K. 2 days a week I do whatever (either just go for a jog or do a fitness blender video), and 2 days a week are rest days
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Monday: Les Mills Combat
    Tuesday: Bellydance
    Wednesday: Les Mills RPM and TFS Athletic Conditioning
    Thursday: Les Mills Combat and Les Mills Pump
    Friday: Train with trainer
    Saturday: Les Mills Combat
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Just getting back to good health but prior to October mine was:

Zumba 1-2 times per week.
    Yoga 2x/week
    Hiking on weekends
    Ballet barre once in a while (I need to do this more, it's the only weights class I like)
    Cardio--elliptical or arc trainer

Now it's:
    yoga 2x/week
    Hiking on weekends (or cross country ski/snow shoe since its winter)
    Cardio once in a while
    getting back to Zumba tonight--have not been able to since October.

So my ideal strength training is power yoga (that's also body weight training which is great if you have osteoporosis that runs in your family). Zumba is great cardio but I've really been loving hiking lately (yes, even when it's 15F out like it was yesterday!!)
  • Onesnap
    Options
    love barre classes on so many levels!
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Last weeks workout went like this
    Monday 20 min on stationary bike 60 min on treadmill some weights for arms
    Tuesday Same as Monday but some more weights
    Wed 20 min bike and 30 min treadmill no weights
    Thursday took break
    Friday took break
    Saturday took a hike in the woods for about 2 1/2 hours not a fast pace not even a moderate pace to limit sweating but hiking was tough especially when I got in to the waist deep snow only about 4.5 mile hike.
    Sunday off because my body was hurting from the hike.

My goal is for 3 days a week of 60 minutes of cardio.

I love winter hiking. Snow = more calorie burn. :)
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Monday: Morning: Spin class. Afternoon: Chest and Triceps, maybe some elliptical
    Tuesday: Morning Row machine Afternoon:Biceps and back, maybe some elliptical
    Wednesday: Morning Spin Afternoon Legs and Shoulders
    Thursday Morning Row, Afternoon Chest and Triceps
    Friday Morning Spin, Afternoon Biceps and Back
    Saturday: Maybe some form of cardio
    Sunday: maybe some form of cardio

My weekends are also makeup days if I skip a strength day
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Monday: Morning: Spin class. Afternoon: Chest and Triceps, maybe some elliptical
    Tuesday: Morning Row machine Afternoon:Biceps and back, maybe some elliptical
    Wednesday: Morning Spin Afternoon Legs and Shoulders
    Thursday Morning Row, Afternoon Chest and Triceps
    Friday Morning Spin, Afternoon Biceps and Back
    Saturday: Maybe some form of cardio
    Sunday: maybe some form of cardio

My weekends are also makeup days if I skip a strength day

No rest days? Gotta let the body heal 1-2 days per week from what I've read. You've got a good routine going but I always heard rest days are good for those that lift.
  • perrymick
    perrymick Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity at the moment.

I have already decided that i will be moving on to Stronglifts 5x5 after it's finished.