5:2 diet results?

Options
Started the 5:2 diet recently and was wondering if anybody else has done it, and if you have whats your results?

Consuming 500 calories on two days week then eating normally for the rest of the week. Heard a lot of good results from my friends so wanted to know if anyone on here is doing it as well!

Replies

• yash_hh
    yash_hh Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That Sounds interesting.
    I've never heard of it before. So can you please fill this thread with a bit more Informations like Links where I can find something about how it works 4 the Body or is it just a concept that hopes you don't reach your daily goal over 7 days if you minimalize 2 days?
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    bump...started last week and interested to see others results!
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I will say, the younger you are, the closer you are to your goal, the healthier your diet is in general would all be factors in using a plan like that. If it works for you, congratulations. I have tried something like it and for me the extreme low calorie days were harder because they were not what my body was used to and then it would shut down and hold onto the foods I ate on the higher days. Your success will depend on what you choose to eat on higher calorie days. Will you still be making better choices than regular on those days? Avoiding sugar, starch and alcohol? Retraining my body to go to it's own resources for energy takes constant training.
  • wabadabadoo
    wabadabadoo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There is a 5:2 group on here, with chat and success stories etc, just search for it.
  • wabadabadoo
    wabadabadoo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Errr..wait that doesn't work...got a load of German. Try the search.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since August 2012 and it has worked briliantly for me, currently maintaining on a 6:1 eating routine.

There are two 5:2 groups on MFP that are worth joining for advice and ideas.

For those who haven't heard of it and want to know more see http://thefastdiet.co.uk/
  • KLiburd86
    KLiburd86 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm in to my 4th week on 5:2 :-) So far it's going well, I've lost 5lbs so far, plateaued this week, but I tend to expect that to happen in the first few weeks. The fast days are relatively okay, though I've not managed 500 cals, I usually go over by a 100 cals or so. There's not been loads of studies done based on 5:2, but these sites/news articles are interesting to read & the health benefits seem to be great!

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25549805
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19112549

I fast on Mondays & Thursdays, then weigh myself on Saturday mornings, I'm hoping the weight will keep dropping off :-)

Feel free to add me if you'd like :-)
  • kirsty111995
    Options
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/

Here's a website that tells you all about it , it also tells you about the other benefits apart from loosing weight. :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting

This group has over 3000 members, lots of informative discussion threads, and supportive members.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Been at it since May 2013. My ticker shows my weekly and my total loss....needless to say, I'm HAPPY! 56lbs down, 14-15lbs to go.

Best thing I've ever done and for me very sustainable.

I count on non fast days too and try to stay around my TDEE and combine it with cardio and strength training.

If you are interested in more Infos, go to my profile. There are some links there, that I find helpful.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I struggle to keep one meal under 500 calories. That said, it works for some people but if you can't do it don't push yourself and burn out.
  • reeny34
    reeny34 Posts: 72
    Options
    I started the 5:2 diet on January 6th of this year, have lost 6kg (13.2lbs) so far and keep track of the calories I consume during the day using MFP. My start weight was 85kg, I am now 79kg and my goal weight is 60kg.

So far, so good.

As you too are doing the 5:2 diet I will send you a FR. Feel free to add me (and anyone else) :happy:
  • KPUK1990
    Options
    I've been doing it since Sept 2013.

Had a 2 week break over Xmas but I've lost 23 lb since September. It really does work and doesn't feel like a diet really!
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It's easy. Really, really easy. Honest...
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since May 2013 and lost about 25 lbs up to October. I dropped to one fast a week during November and December due to the holidays and maintained really well. I had a couple of fasts over Christmas, but drank and ate what I wanted and put on a little weight. Back to fasting last week and the weight is dropping off again. Fast day today, actually.

Very easy, very sustainable. It is the only way of eating for me now.

Try it!
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since Sept 2013.

Had a 2 week break over Xmas but I've lost 23 lb since September. It really does work and doesn't feel like a diet really!
    [/quote

^^^
    This! Only diet plan that has ever worked for me after 30 years of struggling !
  • CoCoMiichelle17
    CoCoMiichelle17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have only been doing the program for 6 days now. I have lost 4 lbs. as of today after been at a standstill for 4-5 weeks. Give it a try!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off for almost 8 months now. Initially it did seem kicking the weight loss a bit faster but then I hit the wall again...However, with my weight training program in full gear, I did notice a big drop of my body fat. I still weight the same but my muscles are more noticeable and more defined. My waist becomes smaller. I guess that's all I can see at this moment. Not sure if more changes to come.
  • sofiawantstolose
    sofiawantstolose Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I 18, 5'6, and I've been on the 5:2 diet for 2 weeks now. It's been working great for me, and the fasting days are not as hard as I thought they'd be. I've lost 2.8 pounds on the first week alone, so ot's been great.
    If someone would like to give it a try, feel free to add me.